Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Abby's Weight Journal <3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Head Count
  +1
View Results

Jasmine Clash

9,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:34 pm
W e i g h t J o u r n a l____________________________________♫♪

Hi! My name's Abby and I am GOING to look pretty damn good in a swimsuit this summer. =) I can't wait. I am seventeen, 5'8, 160 lbs, and I can't spell to save my life (forgive any errors that go unseen). I have tried everything from weight watchers (that worked ok) to south beach (which worked really well, I'm just not into meat) to lose weight. The one thing I have not tried is eating vegan.

Although I do support fair treatment of animals, that is not the reason that this way of eating appeals to me. I think that comsuming only all natural foods will lead to a smaller (have you seen any vegans that have been that way a long time? wow! they are tiny!) and healthier me. I think that one of the major problems with the American diet is how much processed food we consume. All those chemicals and unnatural combinations can cause many health problems, including cancer, diabetes, and heart failure.

This past summer, I tried South Beach. It's the single most effective diet I have ever been on. I saw immediate results, and felt amazing two days after I started. Don't get this confused with Atkins, this is much healthier! I loved it, but there was one problem. I don't really like a lot of meat. I love carbs and fruit. I had gone from 173 to 158 (in about a month!). I fell off the diet, and now weigh about 160.

Which brings me to now. It's almost new year (2009) and I will start eating vegan on the first paycheck I get! I can't wait =D

___________________♫♪

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:46 pm
S t a r t i n g I n f o____________________________________♫♪

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Height: 5'8
Weight: 160
BMI: 24.33
BMR: 1582.7

Goal: 125 lbs (maybe, we will see how it looks.)

= I know the pic doesn't show my belly, but it's down there.

___________________♫♪

Jasmine Clash

9,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200

Jasmine Clash

9,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:54 pm
P e r s o n a l R e s o u r c e s____________________________________♫♪

I will fill this post up with useful links as I find them! These can be for my use, or yours ^.^

BMI Calc
This can be a useful tool for determining a healthy weight for your height. *warning* this is just an estimate! muscle mass weighs more than fat and can and will mess with your results if you have a lot!

BMR
This calculates your basal metabolic rate, which is how many calories you burn a day just staying alive.

Recipies:
Some things I want to try ^_^

---------> General Tao`s Tofu
---------> Vegan Raisin Scones
---------> Collection of Great Recipies

Things I am going to look up at a later date:

FitDay.com

Websites I like:

VegWeb
Cool site. My user name is mcra7x.

___________________♫♪

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:57 pm
Wish me luck! ^__^ I can't wait to be part of an interactive, supportive guild. I will be starting Sunday, Jan. 4th, 2009  

Jasmine Clash

9,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200

Soi Tsuba

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:21 pm
Good Luck~!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:11 pm
Good luck!

Have you read The China Study? It's a book about the American diet and meat-based proteins. I haven't read past the first chapter yet but my entire family rants and raves about it. (What you said about processed foods and meats reminded me of it biggrin )  

Starlurk

Jasmine Clash

9,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:24 pm
Soi Tsuba
Good Luck~!

Thanks! ^.^

Starlurk
Good luck!

Have you read The China Study? It's a book about the American diet and meat-based proteins. I haven't read past the first chapter yet but my entire family rants and raves about it. (What you said about processed foods and meats reminded me of it biggrin )

Thanks! And no, I haven't. But I would love to learn more. What I wrote about was just how I feel. Thanks ^_^ I will check it out when I get back home.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:10 pm
L o g 12 - 29 - 08____________________________________♫♪

Weight: 160
Workout: 20 minutes on Wii Fit

3:06 PM: So, since I am not going to start eating healthy just yet, I think I will make a log of how I normall eat so that I can compare the changes. I'm at my dads house right now, and it's winter break, so my sleep schedule is really, really messed up. I didn't get up to eat till about one. I think I will also try my best to see the bad sides of all the foods I love, so I am going to make remarks on those to discourage me from returning to them once I have changed.

Breakfast: Big-ish bowl of Fruity Pebbles. (left a slimy aftertaste. sugar made me crash later on)

7:31 PM: I waited till I was hungry to eat lunch (about 4:30 maybe?). My step mother, however, thought I was eating out of pure boredom and told me not to eat anything else because we were going to have dinner in a few hours (we still haven't had it). I said I really was hungry but ok I wouldn't eat anything else. i don't remember what she said, but it was something about how I shouldn't always say something contradictory every time she told me something. I have been extremely obiedent since being here and haven't contradicted her a single time. this made me really upset and pissed off. When I get that way, I always want to binge eat (I don't eat as much as the average binge-purge person). I have been doing that more than often lately, because I have been upset a lot lately. I never purge, but sometimes it is a struggle to keep the food down even though I don't try and force myself to throw up. It's really frustrating that such small things can set off so much negative emotion toward myself. I really don't like myself much. But! I did not binge (mostly cause I was fearing the step mother! lol). Here is what I had:

Lunch: Peanut butter and banana sandwhich. It was on white bread, but the peanut butter was all natural. I normally don't like that kind of peanut butter (it's that weird stuff by smuckers that you have to mix up before eating), but the only things on the ingredent list were peanuts and salt. Also, the natural sweetness of the banana improved the taste a LOT. It made me realise how much we are used to EVERYTHING we consume being sweetened. Even PB! (Negatives? Well I have always thought white bread had a gummy-ness to it. I like whole wheat better, it sticks to your stomach more and is really filling)

10 PM: Just ate dinner and dessert. Probably finished for the day.

Dinner: Cheesy chicken rolls, two big servings (stopped enjoying partly through the second helping, I could/should have stopped eating but I didn't sweatdrop ), bunch of broccoli, and then cheesecake with strawberries (which I did not enjoy much and should not have finished).

Day: Sorry about the emotional rant! But that's a big part of my overeating, and I feel like I should write it down. This is an average day for me. And whoa, I typed a lot. I don't have much to do here at my dads. Tomorrow I'm going with him to work though ^___^ I will spend the day walking around the beautiful city he lives in. And, since I am broke, I won't be tempted to buy a snack everywhere I turn. =)

___________________♫♪

Jasmine Clash

9,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200

Starlurk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:16 pm
Whoa that's a great idea, commenting on how the food made you feel. I love fruity pebbles but it always makes me feel sick after I eat it. I never remember that until it's too late.

Maybe if I do this too it'll help me stay away from eating bad foods! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:30 pm
Starlurk
Whoa that's a great idea, commenting on how the food made you feel. I love fruity pebbles but it always makes me feel sick after I eat it. I never remember that until it's too late.

Maybe if I do this too it'll help me stay away from eating bad foods! 4laugh

Thanks =) and I love them too. but I am trying to make myself see them negativly so I won't be tempted once I become vegan to go back to my sugary ways.  

Jasmine Clash

9,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items