Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Extended Discussion
Is it possible to 'become' Goth? Or is just natural? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:20 pm
Really, I'm sorry... I've kinda said this already, but personality is a choice. You can lean twords something and not follow it, and it depends on the environment you were raised in and what all you are exposed to.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:08 am
I was born in a trenchcoat
Honestly? XD
You aren't born goth. You are perhasps born open minded. What makes you goth is just from whatever happens in your life. And I don't mean dramatic events. That's bullshit, and applies to the stereotype all goths are depressed and have bad lives.
I mean..You probably seen some people in your neighbourhood, or on TV, or on the internet, or anywhere else, who were goth. Their style probably fascinated you. For me it was my Dad's ex girlfriends son..who is about 22 now. He was actually way more of a punk then a goth. He was an a*****e, a criminal, and listened to some of the best damn music ever (How I was introduced to Pop Punk <3). I loked up to him, but I never actually seen the bad side of him.
I has become amazed with punk and goth, and I started dressing in black, among other colours...this is still in the very younger grades of elementary school. About grade 3 or 4. So, eventually they broke up (Which was good. My dad's ex is the only person in this world I truly hate -- and for good reason) I just continued dresing that way. I learned everything from the internet, and others eventually.

But all in all, i think it was my mom who made me a goth accidentally.
She wanted me to be open minded, think for myself. My own religion, own beliefs, own everything. She told me I should also be able to look at myself in the mirror and laugh. What other people thought didn't matter.  

SADERR

master_maji

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:38 pm
well for me i had a bad childhood, but the dark drew me towards it and i do remember someone say " you give up like goths" now that's not true but it always made me wonder what this "goth" was and i enjoy the ideas now  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:46 pm
I think it can be taught, however, it must be something that you grow into over time, as you will be leaving behind everything you used to like for a more darker approach to life.  

xX Lord Despair Xx

5,100 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items