Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Honey right before bed?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pink Rain Today

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:55 am
User Image

I'm changing my dieting plans to have a large "breakfast", a medium "lunch", and a small "dinner".I use the quotation marks as my meals are actualy comprised of a few smaller ones in a smiliar time frame [morning, afternoon, night]. It's working and I feel better, eat less after hours. I'm also consuming loads of fruit, making me less sick in the AM. ^o^

I told this to my friend Kris, and she suggests a smaaal spoonful of honey when ones goes to sleep; she claims that the body will continue to work off calories even more while you sleep because of it.

Your thoughts?

"If your stomach feels weak my work here is DONE."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:53 am
I can understand how that would work, but you could make that into any simple sugar, a piece of fruit perhaps, a table spoon of flax seeds in water? the ground flax seems more likely, because it's pretty much just complex fiber, it will take some time to digest, and the only fat in it is good fat, and there isn't much in a table spoon, so I might start doing that. (I have to eat more flax anyway)  

Lady Schist

Groovy Spleen
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:46 pm
http://www.illpumpyouup.com/articles/eating-before-bed.htm
To succsufully loss weight, you'll need to stop eating two - three hours before going to bed. YOu shold not feel starving before bed but you should feel slightly hungry. When you're trying to lose weight, slipping into bed at night feeling slightly hungry is actually a good thing. It's your body telling you that what you did that day is working -- you're losing body fat. If you don't feel this way, you're probably not losing fat.

Not to mention eating anything high in sugar before bed will spike your insulin levels.
It's best to stop eating 2-3 hours before you plan on going to bed.
Your body digests differently when you sleep, and putting anything in it before bed will wreak havok with your digestion, and spike insulin levels if it is sugary (which honey IS)  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games