Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sabin le Rose

Shameless Enabler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:45 pm
Right now I adore Vampire Academies.

Twilight is decent until you look back at it.
Then its just.....-shrugs-

Its ruined by its author. It has so much potential. The author does to. Smeyers battle scenes are fun. To bad we got like....5 pages of battle scenes out of what, 2000 pages?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:08 pm
The first twilight book was good for light reading, although her vampires were very tame. Having said that the baseball game in a storm was a great idea! The rest got steadily worse and the hype just got bigger around them despite how awful the writing and story became.
I am really enjoying Vampire Academy as well, though I really like the Vampire Lestat. Robin McKliney's Sunshine also has vampires, but i don't really get their characteristics beyond non-human and blood drinking.  

creampies2135

Suta_Hisui

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:14 pm
Sabin le Rose
Right now I adore Vampire Academies.

Twilight is decent until you look back at it.
Then its just.....-shrugs-

Its ruined by its author. It has so much potential. The author does to. Smeyers battle scenes are fun. To bad we got like....5 pages of battle scenes out of what, 2000 pages?

Yes! Twilight isn't good, per se, it's just that it's so addictive. It sucks you in, and then once you've spent the time reading it, you look back and are like, ... emotion_facepalm . Or at least it was that way for me.

I do not like the House of Night series. Better than twilight, but it seems the girl gets handed everything. "Here! Have vampirism, super cool powers that are better than everyone else's, and hot guys!" rolleyes

I adore the Vampire Academy Series. The girl has to actually work for her prowess. Although I am a bit leery of the direction it's taking...

Sweetblood is just... interesting.

Oh, and Sunshine. Robin McKinley ROCKS.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:21 pm
Suta_Hisui
Yes! Twilight isn't good, per se, it's just that it's so addictive. It sucks you in, and then once you've spent the time reading it, you look back and are like, ... emotion_facepalm . Or at least it was that way for me.

Same. Except I didn't watse the time reading any of the other books. Just the first one. After I read it, I was just like... ummmm, no thanks. It's not a horrible book, but it's not as amazing as pretty much all the fans make it out to be. Some of the ones I've met, at least, just don't spend enough time reading in general so don't have much to compare it to, though.  

NightIntent
Captain

Suta_Hisui

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:49 pm
NightIntent
Suta_Hisui

Same. Except I didn't watse the time reading any of the other books. Just the first one. After I read it, I was just like... ummmm, no thanks. It's not a horrible book, but it's not as amazing as pretty much all the fans make it out to be. Some of the ones I've met, at least, just don't spend enough time reading in general so don't have much to compare it to, though.

That's true as well. The person who introduced me to Twilight NEVER read. What I would give to get some Tamora Pierce in their hands...  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:23 pm
Suta_Hisui
NightIntent
Suta_Hisui

That's true as well. The person who introduced me to Twilight NEVER read. What I would give to get some Tamora Pierce in their hands...

Yeah. Or Robin McKinley. Or any other really good young adult novelist.

I half-hope that Twilight is getting at least some of the fandom to branch out to read other, better forms of fantasy. I dunno if it does. I suppose I should be thankful that it's getting some people to read at all. Too many people in my school don't read for fun, and alot barely even read the school books. And I'm in college. It's really sad. They miss out on so much.  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:00 pm
You have a point. Twilight (& Eragon) is crap but at least its getting people to read. Its not the only crap book out there its just that the fan-girls are so monstrously rabid.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:14 am
I liked the vampires from Scott Westerfeld's Peeps. I liked them because they're sooooo different from all the other vampires.. Instead of being a 'Blood drinking demon' type thing, the vampires in this book actually have a parasite... The book was just REALLY different.  

kita44

5,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Window Shopper 100

DeeSpark

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:47 am
I some what like twilight. I read it just as the movie came out, but hadn't watched the movie yet. my first vamp novel, and it still has a special place in my heart, though I don't like it as much anymore. At least it made me want to read other vampire books.

I LOVE the vampire diaries, I'm soon ordering the 5th and 6th book from the UK. The house of night and vampire academy are really good too, though I don't really like where vampire academy is going and hope rose can some how change dimitri or something. I like Vampire beach, but I think part of that is just because I live no where near a beach, but love the beach.

I did try reading anne rice's "interveiw with a vampire" but I couldn't really get into it, I mean, it was interesting, but I think it's to mature for me. I'll deff try it again in a few years when I'm older and will understand it more.

I will also read bram stokers dracula. and probably many more  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:28 pm
I honestly can say that I can't read any vampire books without comparing it to Dracula. Dracula just... wow. I literally got chills, which NEVER happens when I read a horror story.

Twilight just has too much hype. If it had half the hype it has now, it would be more bareable <--(sp?).

Has anyone read Pride and Prejudice with Vampires? I love P&P by itself, so I was a little wary to being one with undead. Anyone know if it's good or not?  

Harmonious Dischord

7,500 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

ElletNah_Sword

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:32 am
kita44
I liked the vampires from Scott Westerfeld's Peeps. I liked them because they're sooooo different from all the other vampires.. Instead of being a 'Blood drinking demon' type thing, the vampires in this book actually have a parasite... The book was just REALLY different.

I love vampire books and when i picked that one up i thought it would be just another like the others but I absolutely adore Peeps.

Also another addicting series that a few people have mentioned, House of Night by P.C. and Kristen Cast. Man I love those books they addictive and now I just finished the last one and now I have to wait for the next....I hate cliff hangers.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff