Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
comfort food subsitutes, anyone?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suzuri

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:59 pm
my boyfriend just broke up with me about 2 days ago, and, under shock, I wasn;t hungry for the past 2 days so hardly ate. And now hunger is back with a vengeance >.< do you guys have any low-calorie comfort foods, or things to replace that?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:41 am
when ever I notice I'm hungry even after eating a nice filling yet not stuffing meal I'll drink water. Keeps me from over eating and it also keeps me hydrated ^^ (which I really fail at XD)  

Strawberry Calpico

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:24 am
Meringues: They're nothing but egg whites (protein), sugar or Splenda, a pinch of cream-of-tartar, and sometimes a very little vanilla. Substitute these for cookies and candies.

Carrot chips: Substitute for potato chips and candies. Salt them if you want a saltier crunch; dip in fat-free French dressing for a little more sweetness.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:24 pm
Multigrain cheerios!
Only 100cals a cup,
and they taste super good, trust me.

Or nice fruits chopped up with a bit of splenda.

Or grab one of those bags of baby carrots.
If you;re a mindless eater (sitting in front of the TV reaching into a bag kind of eater) like some people are when they're upset,
these are awesome.

Sugar free Popsicle, I love those too.  

Groovy Spleen
Crew

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:48 pm
There are a lot of herbal tisanes that feel like food, any tea with licorice in it will feel a lot thicker and heavier than a regular tea. However licorice will up your blood pressure so if you've had problems with it, you shouldn't drink it all the time.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:00 pm
A lot of folks, including myself, have posted foods that are a bit healthier than normal comfort foods. I'm going to suggest another activity altogether as an alternative to needless eating.

Mind you, if you actually need nutrition, you should eat! But if you're just looking for a little comfort, or a way for your mouth not to be bored, try this instead:

http://www.singsnap.com

All you need is a microphone. You can make an account, pick out a song from their song list, sing it, and wait for the compliments to roll in. And they do! There are folks there who might as well be professional singers, and there are folks who can barely carry a tune in a locked briefcase. But no matter what, people are very supportive of one another on SingSnap. Sing your heart out, and people will be proud and pleased and delighted that you did. I've never seen a single "You suck!" on there. It's great.  

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

PandaBunny

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:28 pm
I freeze juice in a plastic cup and scrap at if for hours..very slow tasty process. Or baby carrots becasue i feel like im eating alot but its good for you. It becomes chewy to and make my jaw kinda tired. Also i am a jello freak. Gum too. one with long lasting mint.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:48 pm
when some one broke up with me unexpectedly i just ate and ate and ate. Tea helped a little. But what helped even more was talking it through with someone and just being around people that cared about me 3nodding  

Iconised Ghost

Pink Rain Today

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:22 pm
User Image

Some yogurt brands make flavours like banana cream pie and Boston cream pie. So goood.

Also, try this: Make white popcorn [not butter/salt, or as little as possible]; put some strawberry jam in a mug, microwave for thirty seconds, then drizzle it over the popped corn. Stir if you like. Very delicious.

"If your stomach feels weak my work here is DONE."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:50 pm
PandaBunny
I freeze juice in a plastic cup and scrap at if for hours..very slow tasty process. Or baby carrots becasue i feel like im eating alot but its good for you. It becomes chewy to and make my jaw kinda tired. Also i am a jello freak. Gum too. one with long lasting mint.

m'm i haven't done that in a while.  

Soi Tsuba

SomeTea

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:10 am
I eat oranges ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:28 am
I drink water and eat things like celery or carrots with dip.
It's DELICIOUS and makes me feel less guilty for eating it
at 3 in the morning, you know?  

Sell Out Kid

Pink Rain Today

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:31 pm
User Image

Augh, I could have used this Thread tonight; my aunt's house had only Mexican food covered in cheese and cupcakes and chocolates and cookies and brownies. Dx

"If your stomach feels weak my work here is DONE."

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games