Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maple Story

Back to Guilds

First Gaia-MS Guild. Come join the Gaian MapleStory community! 

Tags: maplestory, maple, story, nexon, wizet 

Reply Maple Story
Give me fighter advice? Please?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Kings Royal Baker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:32 pm
I'm not a big time mapler. It's taken me 2.5 years to get my main up to lvl 51. So, I have a few questions about my Fighter and I'd greatly appreciate help.

When should I cap my dex? I currently have 86 dex, which is bumped up to 90 with my equips. I heard 80-90 was a good place to cap, but I can't hit the main monsters in the LMPQ. By the main ones, I mean the thor lookin' ones that shoot lightning for like 800 DMG. I miss like half of my attacks on them. I do decent damage, though. When my hits do land, my party guys usually feel relieved because when I do hit, I account for half the damage done.

I hit in the 1.8k-2.0k range, and I have my Final Attack almost maxed so I usually hit 3.5k when it kicks in. Decent, right? I was thinking about raising it up to 100 and then capping. I was told that was overkill, but my STR is currently 177, bumped up to 185 with equips. I used a crappy stat roll when I was a noob, sue me. Anyway, since the Sparta sword only takes 190 STR to equip, should I just do the +3 to strength and +2 to DEX thing? I'll have plenty of strength by the time I'm lvl 60, like 210 with my equips. I know it's not too late to make my DEX twice my level, so is it more stable that way?

Anyway, enough of my rambling. If anyone responds to this with anything, I'd appreciate it.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:50 pm

Cap it at 100 if you are poor.

Seeing that you have 86 DEX already, I recommend you cap it at 90 and get a 10+ DEX overall.

User Image  

Aurora Sonata

Cute Hero

Sculptured

Conservative Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:25 pm
Well, honestly, in today's standards, that is high DEX, and 80 is also still considered high (my really old page has this TT.TT). Though, since it is your main, I would say max it at 100, and if you want the best dmg you can get, you should really just stop raising it.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:46 am
Hinameki

Cap it at 100 if you are poor.

Seeing that you have 86 DEX already, I recommend you cap it at 90 and get a 10+ DEX overall.

User Image
I bought a +10 DEX bathrobe a while back because it was at FM for 200k. Would that be a good overall? It would totally ******** with my weapon DEF because it only has 20, as opposed to my armors that give like 40-60 weapon DEF, not to mention STR boosts.  

The Kings Royal Baker

DethHauq

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:51 pm
Quote:
It would totally f**k with my weapon DEF because it only has 20

If you want, find good clean overall armor with your desired DEF, and scroll it with 100% overall DEX scrolls. These can be bought from the scroll guy in Swamp of Despair II, for only 35k.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:33 am
you could use this:
http://www.gameolosophy.com/Games/RPG/MapleStory/MapleStory-FighterPage-Build.35104
i follow it on my fighter =D  

Wistings

IRL Noob

Zonic v3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:04 pm
well ... let me say this
with the overalls ... you dont stay with one ...
you can use the level 20 one i think it was
sauna at level 30 + the class overalls then the 35.
Then you can stick with it till level 70 for the bosshunter armour. Then the last one is level 80.
You can always update your overalls cause they dont need dex to wear.

but really .... get yourself some dex items too ... scroll your cape if you got the cash with Dex instead of Str. Earrings is a no brainer.

but its up to you .... if your cheap then get your dex to 100

Maple Story

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff