Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Damn... What color to use...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aquilla Claringbold

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:04 am
Okay, I am soon going to order a Commander Carab Culln from forgeworld, Just as a small break from Eldar. Anyways I have no idea as to what color to use for the yellow on the Red Scorpion Armor.

The Below Picture is that of Red Scorpion Terminators so, hopefully someone can tell me as to what paint or layers of paint to use.
Red Scorpion Terminators  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:50 am
This could've been asked in one of the sticky-threads.

Anyways, I don't know what they used, but I would use Tausept Ochre with Iyanden Darksun as a highlight, always go with foundation paints~ cool  

Shinobi_8745

savage-everlong

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:38 pm
Base it with golden yellow and do a heavy dribrush of 50/50 golden yellow/desert yellow. extreme hilight w/ bad sun yellow(i think thats the color name) question this method might or might not work.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:37 am
I don't think it'll work due to how the GW yellows work, you need tons of layers to get it right, while foundation paints needs no more than 1-2 strokes and voila~  

Shinobi_8745

The Black Messiah

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:57 am
I personally dislike using the foundation paints, they sem too heavy to me. (you can't mix them with anything else to make a better base coat) I'd base coat it white, then use a 70-30 mix of bright yellow and snake bite leather, then slowly layer it up with increasing amounts of the snake bite, maybe add in a little choas black towards the end. But only a little mind you.

Just make damn well sure that you allow a decent amount of time for each layer to dry and make sure that each alyer fully covers the srea you want it to. I've f*ked up so many models and had to start again because I messed up 1 layer, it'd not funny any more.  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games