Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply Chatterbox
Disgaea anyone?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Played Disgaea?
  Yes!!!!
  No!!!!
View Results

starmist100

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:07 pm
Yeah, just wondering how many people have played any of the Disgaea games. mrgreen

I played Disgaea and Disgaea 2. I'm poor and can't afford a PS3, so there's no Disgaea 3 for me... emo  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:04 pm
never heard of it. what's it about?  

VH Crow

starmist100

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:33 am
VH Crow
never heard of it. what's it about?

It's one of the BEST SRPGs ever! Each game has a different storyline though... And it's not really all that serious, but here's the basic storyline in the first game.

Prince Laharl is the prince of the Netherworld, and he has been asleep for 2 years. During this time, his father, the king of the Netherworld, has died, and now demons from all over have come to take the throne. Laharl's "loyal" vassal, Etna, finally wakes Laharl up after two years of trying. Now Laharl has to fight off all of the demons and take the throne himself, including a new demon, Dark Adonis, also called Vyers, and who is called Mid-Boss by Laharl and Etna. Laharl and Etna also meet up with an Angel named Flonne who is in the Netherworld on orders from the Seraph to assassinate the King, Laharl's father. When she finds out the king is already dead, she doesn't know what to do. She's called a "love maniac" by Laharl who hates love and kindness. When Flonne sees that Laharl may have some good in him, she decides to join them hoping to help Laharl find love and kindness within himself.

Um, that's all I can say wothout spoiling the game, but there's also trouble among the angels as well as among the humans on earth.

The game lets you level up to level 9999, and you aren't limited by 9999 damage like in other games. You have unlimited damage capabilities. The dialogue is also hillarious, however, it also has a serious side to it. There are also 8 different endings for the first game. The game also offers over 100 hours of gameplay, but that really depends on how fast you want to finish the game, how complete you want it to be, and which ending you want.

The second game isn't as good as the first, but you can have Laharl, Etna, and Flonne from the first game join your party. 3nodding

There's currently 3 different versions of the first game. The PS2 version is the regular game (they just released the Greatest Hits version for $20), the PSP version has the regular game and the special "Etna Version" of the game, and the DS version has the regular game, Etna Version, and also extra stuff like more playable characters, and Prinny extras. The DS version doesn't allow you to change the voiceovers from English to Japanese, and it doesn't have as many voiced-over scenes. I like the PS2 version the best, but the DS version is ok too. (I don't have the PSP version)

The first game has an anime for it. You can see it on youtube. The first and second games have manga for it too.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:38 am
I've never played it before. ;-; I think I've heard of it though. :,D  

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

BreathLessX
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:54 pm
i own game one for DS. It's fun but very confusing. DX  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:45 pm
I have played the one for PS2 I like it its a really alsome game :3 I wish I had the money to go out and buy it for my slef but its a really good game  

princess23_30

6,050 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100

dotHackerX

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:17 pm
i just bought Disgaea recently o.o and the characters are all so..... funny =P... espcially Flonne... 'the *ahem* "Assasin" ' i almost fell out my chair cause of her  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:41 am
Meh. There is a guy at work who is always going on about Disgaea, but I have yet to motivate myself to play them. I shall stick to Persona for now.  

Epitaph Orealis

MoshiTiako

5,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:45 pm
There went 150 hours of my life between Disgaea 1 and 2... awesome games, really. Can last forever if you want it too. Second game I think is better, only it sucks that you can't get Laharl as a playable. sad Takes less time to play through the main plot, and the item world is much less tedious and much more interesting. Plus I like the town in Disgaea 2. smile But both games have my sincere recommendation. Interesting characters, and power leveling has never been so fun. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:57 pm
Seiri Omaar
There went 150 hours of my life between Disgaea 1 and 2... awesome games, really. Can last forever if you want it too. Second game I think is better, only it sucks that you can't get Laharl as a playable. sad Takes less time to play through the main plot, and the item world is much less tedious and much more interesting. Plus I like the town in Disgaea 2. smile But both games have my sincere recommendation. Interesting characters, and power leveling has never been so fun. biggrin

I'm pretty sure you can get Laharl in Disgaea 2... You have to have Flonne join the party, and then pass her bill to summon Laharl. Once you beat the stage, Laharl and all his awesome joins your party lured by food. 3nodding  

starmist100

MoshiTiako

5,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:39 am
*checks Game FAQs* My mistake. I was led to believe otherwise, I guess. Blast, now I want to play it again...  
Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games