Reply Life Issues & Fashion
The "transition." Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

x-New London Fire-x

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:44 am
me too. i dont consider myself "goth", just more of a "pre-goth" because i dont have enough black clothes. i just try stocking up slowly because that stuff is expensive, and i suck at sewing.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:15 pm
0------DEAD------0
me too. i dont consider myself "goth", just more of a "pre-goth" because i dont have enough black clothes. i just try stocking up slowly because that stuff is expensive, and i suck at sewing.
'Black clothes doth not the goth make.'  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Autumn Caledonia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:27 pm
XWraith_LordX
0------DEAD------0
'Black clothes doth not the goth make.'

Quite right.

Just dressing up like something doesn't make you that. That's called Halloween.

Goth is a culture. The music, the clothes, the movies, the writing, the state of mind. They are all aspects of the overall culture of Goth.

I personally don't wear black all the time. Half my clothes are black, yes, but that's mostly because I just like black. I only started calling myself "goth" once I realized that I basically already was. That's just my personality. You could say I was born goth. Most of the aspects of the culture just clicked with me. Its how I feel most comfortable.

Besides, there are so many types of goth. Not all requires exclusively black. Its very easy to look goth without black. Black helps of course, but I wouldn't say its absolutely mandatory.

Its, to me personally, more of a mindset that everything else springs forth from.

I'd encourage you to check out Gothic Beauty . Its a magazine but they have a lot of good links on their site that could help you in your quest to be goth.

MOST IMPORTANTLY remember, stay true to yourself and what you like, not what you think you have to like to fit a label. If there's one thing goth is about, its self-expression. For umpteenth time, do what YOU like not what you think you HAVE to like.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:07 am
I mostly wear black... but thats because you know 99.9999999% of all t-shirts I would buy look stupid on other colours.  

Rellik San
Crew

Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas