Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Orange Gallery

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is this thread interesting?
  Yes
  Kinda
  Not really
View Results

Mrs.Orange

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:07 pm
I joined this guild a few days ago and haven't posted much, so I decided -to start by something- to put up my own gallery (I'll try to comment on others' work when I have more time to give real opinions).

Hmm.. what can I say? I've drawn since I was little, I'm 18 right now and been attending art school for about a year.

I don't think I've reached an specific style or whatever to follow yet, but I'm slowly finding my way hahah.. these days there are a thousand different influences "picking on" everyone (artists, above all), so it's a hard thing to achieve.

Anyway, I started with stick figures, then I drew little childish cartoons, worked on anime for a while, got tired of it.. tried to change a bit into pseudo-realism, adding colour now... entered art school, and some of you know what happens then XD

I have two internet galleries, one in SheezyArt and another in DeviantArt. Currently, they're practically the same, except that SA contains lots of my older stuff. Here are the links:

SheezyArt: chromosome
DeviantArt: wewillneverdie

Enough for an introduction, next post will show some of my work =)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:08 pm
When I draw for fun gonk

Untitled AWFUL proportions D:
Orc ... never finished it
Fake wings

Colorful wings ... XD
The wretched

Untitled
Another world

Gabrielle & Incendio
Untitled
Untitled
The goblin
you know who you are portrait
Past Gaia Avatar
Untitled

Mrs.Orange

Mrs.Orange

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:12 pm
When I draw as an obligation biggrin

Hands

Nude (Male)

(I haven't taken many pictures of the work I've done for school, but I'll probably do so during vacations)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:12 am
I'm lovin your work. You have a cool style and great potential.  

Anpu the black Seraph

Mogtoats

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:02 pm
Hands: lovely.

I like the quality of your lines: loose, light and flexible. Good for layering and create a fantasy mood (faerie land floating in a cloud mood, lol).  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:14 am
You're off to an excellent start. One thing you seriously do need to pay attention to though are the proportions or your reference. I can tell that they didn't translate over very well. It's pretty difficult at first, but if you use parts of the body to measure other parts by comparison, you can get very accurate.  

Errol McGillivray
Captain

Mrs.Orange

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:02 am
Hahah thanks for the suggestion =)

I've actually noticed that too, and been trying to correct it. But I think proportions are simply a matter of practice, it's probably one of the things you get to do well by instinct.. that's how I've improved, "by instinct" XD I usually realize quickly about my own mistakes. Anyhow, our model is really skinny and tall.. so proportions in that drawing are part mistaken and part different to common bodies sweatdrop (... it's not an excuse, it's true XD)

About measuring by comparison, I agree completely.. and it helps a lot to work on your visual memory too, because that way you don't have to be measuring everything everytime you draw. I really like drawing human bodies 'cause you get to notice patterns that you wouldn't think of in a different context... like.. feet are just as long as the forearms hahah, it's really cool ninja

Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games