Submit

you go to college?
  yes
  no
  soon
View Results

BeiZhiMing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:21 pm
i go to maryland college all time for football and basketball games and its really fun and it makes me wanna go to college.but im not really sure what i would study.plus i failed english alot in high school.do you guys have any suggestions on good things to study?and do you HAVE to take english in college?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:52 pm
I say, if you don't know what to do go to a community college first until you find out what you want, at least it saves money. And yes, you have to take English classes in college.

Study what you want or like, and then worry about a career later. Hehe. :]  

Euphoric Ghost

Kawaii Cub

BeiZhiMing

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:19 am
there is a maryland community college like ten minutes from were i live.i failed english 3 times in high school thou.i like school and learning,but i suck at english classes cause i cant write alot,mess up on grammer,and have bad spelling.i wish i could take college without english class sad  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:27 pm
Lol~!! Yea you got to take English classes there required to graduate. I'm only a freshman in Highschool but i'm already looking into what i want to do when i get to college and what majors i want to take and complete everything isn't figured out yet but hopefully i can everything organized before the highschool year ends and i have to send in applications for colleges i want to attend. To choose your major chose 2 things something you want to do and then something you don't like but your good at. Then choose between those 2 to which one you want to do. Me i want to eitehr take law or engineering. My family says i'm good and designing stable things and then i want to be a lawyer so i'm taking debate right now and it's getting better. Colleges don't onl look at your grades but also at your personallity those 2 things are the basic ones the colleges look at.  

chowchowpup713

BeiZhiMing

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:40 pm
rite now im studying for medical school cause my parents want me to be doctor  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:39 pm
Your parents want you to become a doctor, but do YOU want to become a doctor?
Do something that makes you happy, and it'll be better in the long run. :] But let me tell ya, we really need doctors right now. Since there's a shortage and whatnot. x_x

To become an undergrad, there are general courses that everyone must take which include: US history, government, math, science, english composition, the arts, and many others. So, English is a must. -nodnod-

I'm a freshman in high school and I'm starting to look into colleges that specialize in the field I want to be in, which is engineering. Universities look at not only grades, but extracurricular activities, test scores, etc, etc. Universities look for someone who's well-rounded and will represent their school well.

I'll let you in on a secret. Universities think it's more impressive to see grades that improve over time than maintaining a grade all four years of high school. So, get the grade in English up!

Good luck! : D

[F]lavor.of.[L]ife

kthankbai

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:03 pm
amen!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:39 pm
im not sure what i want to do.im interested in the human body and medicine and stuff like that.i just need to work on my spelling and grammer for english class.  

BeiZhiMing

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff