Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Yaoi fangirl discrimination Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dude Looks Like a Seme

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:41 am
I must say that sometimes I get a little too "fangirly" for my own good. I'm too old for it, but sometimes it's hard not to breath a little shallower and talk a little faster when your favorite character is the subject.

I haven't come up against much in the way of insults myself although I read sort of anonymous insults to all yaoi fans online way too often. Also, I have gotten some of the "no way is he gay" moments from friends and other fans. That's rare, though, because most of the characters I believe are gay are almost cannon anyway.

The worst I've gotten is a few people insulting the convention I'm running for its name, which, I must admit, was created to say that we're a soft-core yaoi con, mostly shounen-ai. Shounen-ai Con is too hard to say. So is Bishounen Con. You know what I'm saying?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:35 am
i hate the discrimination it's so mean  

protecterofelements

Maki Casanova

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am
protecterofelements
i hate the discrimination it's so mean

If you hate it, then don't act like those super, duper, hyper active, blabbering nonsense fangirls. They're a bad example. ninja  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:22 am
Actually, there's a whole lot of discrimination from yaoi fans themselves as well, especially against those who dislike yaoi or like different couples...not to mention against Yuri fans! Which is really annoying 'cause it gives us a bad name!  

User_2629207

Maki Casanova

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:30 am
Oh yeah... Discrimination against the yuri fans. -_- They come in and say that "yuri is boring, yaoi is awesome!" or "YuRi IsH EEEWW WhIle YaOi ISH HawwwT!! <3", which also pisses me off, since I'm more of a fan of the other genre.

I'd understand it if they say it nicely or in a way that makes them sound like it is simply their own opinion, but they talk as if they are generalizing EVERY yuri to be boring or perverted, which is absolutely false. The same goes with yuri fanboys saying that yaoi is gay.. Well technically, it is, but since they are saying it in the context of insult, I guess they're obnoxious and ignorant dimwits as well.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:42 am
Allow me to quote.

dei-deilover12
it's funny, cuz at anime con i went as suigetsu and a REALLY GOOD sasuke cosplayer and i walk by the yaoi booth at the same time and he grabed the yaoi paddle and hit me in the butt, i found it sexy and Sasuke and me made yaoi bractets that said suigetsu/ sasukes property ....

it was funny (and don't worry, sasuke was a guy and i was a girl, no lesbe involed)

stressed  

User_2629207

Maki Casanova

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:48 am
S a f f r o n S u g a r
Allow me to quote.

dei-deilover12
it's funny, cuz at anime con i went as suigetsu and a REALLY GOOD sasuke cosplayer and i walk by the yaoi booth at the same time and he grabed the yaoi paddle and hit me in the butt, i found it sexy and Sasuke and me made yaoi bractets that said suigetsu/ sasukes property ....

it was funny (and don't worry, sasuke was a guy and i was a girl, no lesbe involed)

stressed

LMAO. rofl rofl That quote deserves a trophy for being one of the most poorly constructed sentences Ive ever seen. My younger brother, who is aged 9, can write better. >.>  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:59 pm
LOLZ UR RIGHT ON DA POINT DOOD! They shouldnt be criticizing fangirls when they know nothing about them!! >=O

bestfwen4eva

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces