Submit

Ixor Firebadger

Tenacious Wife

32,075 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:15 pm
You are treading a very dangerous road.

The Bible has warned us of false prophets and you are exactly the sort that will be led astray by them. You don;t question, you don't think for yourself, you simply accept the teaching of whomever you have been taught all your life to trust. You have been conditioned to believe what you do. Not only does that leave you susceptible to false prophets but it also mean that you are living off the faith of other people, rather than making that faith your own.

I implore you, please please PLEASE do not trust only humans with your own spiritual growth. Let God lead YOU personally, rather than letting men lead.

You have me very concerned, now
sad  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:03 pm
Unless Curse-of-the-Phoenix provided an exact quote from the pastor, I would not be so critical. What she quoted him a saying is certainly wrong, but his meaning could easily have been lost in translation.

I suspect the pastor did not mean what people here think he meant.  

zz1000zz
Crew

Priestley

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:55 pm
zz1000zz
Unless Curse-of-the-Phoenix provided an exact quote from the pastor, I would not be so critical. What she quoted him a saying is certainly wrong, but his meaning could easily have been lost in translation.

I suspect the pastor did not mean what people here think he meant.

It's quite possible that Curse's pastor meant something along the lines of "assuming things about what we don't know can be dangerous".  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:18 am
no it was not a exact quote i cant remember most of the things he said i wrote down what i could. he said something along the lines of a paradox after i quoted him but then its blank.  

The_Cursed_Phoenix

Galad Aglaron

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:14 am
Ixor-san

The Bible has warned us of false prophets and you are exactly the sort that will be led astray by them. You don;t question, you don't think for yourself, you simply accept the teaching of whomever you have been taught all your life to trust. You have been conditioned to believe what you do. Not only does that leave you susceptible to false prophets but it also mean that you are living off the faith of other people, rather than making that faith your own.

I implore you, please please PLEASE do not trust only humans with your own spiritual growth. Let God lead YOU personally, rather than letting men lead.

sad

Ma cherie, I spent the first ten years of my life listening for God's voice. From my earliest days, I was surrounded by Christians. For a while, I even believed that if I trusted in Him, He would not allow me to come to harm. God never made His will known to me. Eventually, I came to see that the Will of God was nothing more than the interpretation of an ancient book put forth by supposedly learned men as the will of an omniscient, omnipotent, benevolent, unknowable deity, whose existence could never be proved, nor - to my ten-year-old knowledge - credited.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:40 am
Galad Damodred
Ixor-san

sad

Ma cherie, I spent the first ten years of my life listening for God's voice. From my earliest days, I was surrounded by Christians. For a while, I even believed that if I trusted in Him, He would not allow me to come to harm. God never made His will known to me. Eventually, I came to see that the Will of God was nothing more than the interpretation of an ancient book put forth by supposedly learned men as the will of an omniscient, omnipotent, benevolent, unknowable deity, whose existence could never be proved, nor - to my ten-year-old knowledge - credited.
And that is a decision that you came to after much thought,. Of your own.

Rather than being led blindly by whatever other human being you trust to do your thinking for you.

That is something I can appreciate.

It's when people start to seem as though they will place all their faith in the words of a religious leader rather than think for themselves. Even our leaders don't know everything and can lead us astray.

Ixor Firebadger

Tenacious Wife

32,075 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Nudist Colony 200

Rsnbl Faith

Hilarious Defender

6,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:36 pm
God knows our future, but does not determine it, everything we do is of our choice, God allows us to have a free will (which is why he allowd satan to tempt Eve and Adam at the garden of eden to give them true freedom to choose between right and wrong, good and evil)

and im going directly to the original question i had no need to read past the first few posts to understand your faithlessness in God the Father, and Jesus the Son, and The Holy Spirit. Some of you are very smart people! u just dont hold faith in things for long, and dont examine things as far as they can be examined u literally just...stop.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:44 pm
Kain1334
God knows our future, but does not determine it, everything we do is of our choice, God allows us to have a free will (which is why he allowd satan to tempt Eve and Adam at the garden of eden to give them true freedom to choose between right and wrong, good and evil)

and im going directly to the original question i had no need to read past the first few posts to understand your faithlessness in God the Father, and Jesus the Son, and The Holy Spirit. Some of you are very smart people! u just dont hold faith in things for long, and dont examine things as far as they can be examined u literally just...stop.

Kain1234, disagreeing with someone is not grounds to question their faith. Please do not assume things about people.  

zz1000zz
Crew

freelance lover
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:24 am
Kain1334

Satan was no where to be found in the Garden of Eden. Go back and reread the text- it only says it was a snake. It never alludes to it being anything but a snake. In fact, later God curses the snake and forces it to sepnd eternity crawling on it's belly for tempting Adam and Eve. Not Satan. That is a popular misconception.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:40 pm
Freelance Satan is many times in the bible called a serpant, which leads to the fact it is satan.

and zz1000zz whatever its not that i disagree with them that i question their faith its the fact they bring down what raises up Christ so they dont have to admit their FAULT, that they are indeed FOOLS(i accept my foolishness quite easily) the Bible RAISES Chirst, but they LOWER the Bible, making it just a book of mistakes, causing them in the same to LOWER Chirst in their hearts, showing that they are rather faithless, and more of worshippers of themselves rather than of Christ. dont jump to assumtions zz100zz just because u "disagree" with me  

Rsnbl Faith

Hilarious Defender

6,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Priestley

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:42 pm
Kain1334
Freelance Satan is many times in the bible called a serpant, which leads to the fact it is satan.

Are you aware of literal and figurative language and the difference between them?

Kain1334
and zz1000zz whatever its not that i disagree with them that i question their faith its the fact they bring down what raises up Christ so they dont have to admit their FAULT, that they are indeed FOOLS(i accept my foolishness quite easily) the Bible RAISES Chirst, but they LOWER the Bible, making it just a book of mistakes, causing them in the same to LOWER Chirst in their hearts, showing that they are rather faithless, and more of worshippers of themselves rather than of Christ. dont jump to assumtions zz100zz just because u "disagree" with me

Who are "they"? If you are referring to an individual, please address that individual directly and avoid making generalised and prejudiced statements about groups of individuals about whom you know nothing. You have not even justified yourself with proof that "they" are indeed any of the things you have stated.

zz1000zz has already warned you politely not to make assumptions and is completely justified in having done so, yet you accuse her of doing the same without providing any proof that she has done so. Consider this your second warning.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:02 pm
zz1000zz
disagreeing with someone is not grounds to question their faith.
that is making an assumtion that the only reason i said what i did was because i disagreed.

and Priestly i said "they" for the fact i didnt want to attack people directly rather i wanted them to realize their mistake without direct confrontation, and if i remember correctly Priestly you were one of the ppl i was talking about in what i said, so there i made a direct confrontation and the other was Freelance Lover. Happy?  

Rsnbl Faith

Hilarious Defender

6,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Priestley

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:50 pm
Kain1334
zz1000zz
disagreeing with someone is not grounds to question their faith.
that is making an assumtion that the only reason i said what i did was because i disagreed.

Allow me to properly quote your post as quoted by zz1000zz with her response, emphasising in bold first where you disagree with posts yet fail to challenge them, and then make the assumption of faithlessness and ignorance based only on said disagreement:
zz1000zz
Kain1334

Kain1234, disagreeing with someone is not grounds to question their faith. Please do not assume things about people.

This is her justification. You, on the other hand, have provided none for your claims.

Kain1334
and Priestly i said "they" for the fact i didnt want to attack people directly rather i wanted them to realize their mistake without direct confrontation, and if i remember correctly Priestly you were one of the ppl i was talking about in what i said, so there i made a direct confrontation and the other was Freelance Lover. Happy?

So, rather than do them the honour of addressing their points directly as to where they are faulty, you make generalisations, expecting the people to assume said generalisations to be true about themselves, which may or may not cause them to doubt their points to the stage where they "realise their mistake". I really do not have the words to describe the nature of such a strategy.

You claim you have "confronted" me but I do not see where you have addressed any points that I have made except with regard to our warnings (which is throwing the thread off topic). I would appreciate it if you addressed me directly (either in the thread or via PM) if you wish to challenge any point that I have made other than the issue of your warnings. I believe that other crew members would appreciate you extending to them the same courtesy.

If you have any issues with crew conduct, you are free to contact Fushigi na Butterfly (Captain) or Xandris (Vice Captain) about them.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:04 pm
Kain1334

And yet there is no mention of him being in the Garden. Satan is only mentioned a handful of times in the Bible. Most of what we know of Satan comes out of the Medival church which played up the character of Satan so that people would basically be scared into faith. Most of them couldn't read, so they didn't know better.

And just because Satan is sometimes likened to a serpent, doesn't mean every snake in the Bible is Satan. If you choose to take this story literally (which you may or may not, I'm just making a point) you have to take all of it literally. I feel like the author would have mentioned that it was, you know SATAN since he's kind of a big deal.

Besides, Jesus is often likened to a lamb, and yet nomt every sheep in the Bible is Jesus.

freelance lover
Crew

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:02 pm
freelance lover
Besides, Jesus is often likened to a lamb, and yet nomt every sheep in the Bible is Jesus.

This is trufax! :O

Kain1334
God knows our future, but does not determine it

Jeremiah 29:11-14
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the Lord, "and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you," declares the Lord, "and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile."

He doesn't always determine our futures. What God wills, however, is what God wills- if God wants it to happen, it will.  
Thread Archive {Hot topics}

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff