Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
When to eat?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Starlurk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:06 am
This might be a silly question. Is it easier to eat when you're hungry or eat on a schedule?

I ask because I'm always hungry so I try to keep myself to a schedule, but sometimes when I'm doing really well at controlling myself I don't feel hungry at the same time as my schedule. (But that doesn't mean I won't eat, I'll just eat something relatively small)

So then I quit going on the schedule and I'm hungry all the time again. whee

So what do you guys think? Better to eat when hungry or better to eat on a schedule?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:03 am
this is a good question, i tend to do both. I will eat my main meals at pretty much the same time each day, but that time is based on when i get hungry. Because im a grazer i allow myself snacks throughout the day so i have those just when i feel hungry. I try to stop myself from getting too hungry, because i find it hard not to overeat when hungry and i find it harder to fill myself up too  

Iconised Ghost

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:45 am
It's useful to have a schedule, because eating and sleeping at appropriate times will make you feel healthier and more energetic, which will possibly lead to a greater desire for physical activity.

I recommend three reasonably-sized meals per day, as well as one to two small snacks. And by snack, I don't mean a bag of potato chips, either. I mean a glass of low-fat or non-fat milk, or a piece of fruit, or a handful of carrot and celery sticks.

It's also a good idea to drink regularly. Have one glass of water with each meal or snack, and two more glasses throughout the day.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:55 am
Okay thank you guys. 3nodding  

Starlurk

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:19 pm
I personally have always had a problem with eating when I'm not hungry so I usually wait until my stomach tells me I'm hungry, I've got a wrist band that I snap when I think about going for seconds.

Also. A nice heavy muffin/pancake in the morning usually keeps me going all day with just little meals. (I make them without eggs and milk so they're kind of like bricks, but with banana, bran and flax seeds they rise quite nicely.)  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:19 pm
I've always eaten when I'm hungry, or when I feel a little light-headed from low blood-sugar. It doesn't take much sometimes, like you said, just a small portion to keep you going.
I think the best thing to do in that sort of situation is to listen to your own body.

I'll grab a handful of nuts if I need a little energy, and drink a glass of water.

the_paper_crane

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games