Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Do i eat to much?/ help! i need a food plan for 7 days.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BitterSweet89

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:36 pm
today i had 1 slice of pizza and a serving of wanton soup no noodles just broth and 1/2 cup of white rice and 1/2 cup of chicken chow mein. I know chinese isnt the healthiest but i still live at home and this is wahat my ******** fat parents eat on avearage so i try healthy alternatives. I bake instead of frie and i started eating poached eggs.

My dad tells me if you really wanted to you could lose weight. Wel he's oen to speak hes like 400 pounds.

help me create a food plan to help in cojunction with my hip hop ballet figure skating and karate. i excercise 5 days a week. hip hop is one hour once a week ballet is 1 1/2 hours once a week. figure skateing is generally 1 hour 2 times a week 1 1/2 hours twicea week with cardio including abput 20 jumping jacks 3 times about 10 pushups 3 reps jogging around something the size of a dance studio room and doing graqpe vies and running backwards etc

i was thinking about 1000 calories a day

so help me with a food plan thats easy for a college student i do not eat beef or cabbage or brusselo sprouts

on average i'll probally eat a grilled chiekn sandwhich with a slice of swiss cheese or a turkey burger with letuce and tomatoe and one slice of american cheese.

i love turkey meat but i dont have time to make anything just simple quick and easy low calorie i eat yogurt

so i need help creating a food plan for mon- sun

i also have no time in the mronign to eat so maybe a granola bar or something? or a breakfast drink smoothie maybe?

and lunch turkey burger chocolate soy milk and a bannana

dinner not sure?

i was thinking something like that on tuesday and thursdays
but that leaves monday wendsday and friday

friday ihave to be out at 8:15 am
so maybe carnation isntant breakfast? and lunch turkey burger or griled chiken sandwhcih with lettuce tomatoe and light mayo with an apple and chocolate soy milk?

With my family they think i allways do something wrong they keep telling me im fat that i eat to much. satuday i think i binged and it was the most i had eaten in one sitting in like 3 weeks. i had a chicken biscuit or whatever and 10 chicken nuggets im thinking of forgetting the chicen nuggets cuz theyd ont fill me up at all.

but food plan

HELP!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:09 pm
First, lmaooo @ wanton soup. It's supposed to be wonton soup. Wanton means, well... here... http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/wanton

Anyway, it sounds like you've got it down pretty good... but you're going to need to eat right and exersice for more than a week if you want to lose any significant weight. It's generally healthy to lose up to 2 pounds per week.

And planning food a week in advance sounds... difficult. surprised I think you're better off just trying to make healthy choices as you go... or at the very most making a meal plan for the next day. It'll be easier to stick to that way. All you have to do is follow the food pyramid with small-ish portion sizes and get 30-60 minutes of exersice every day and you'll be fine.

As for 1000 calories, that depends on how tall you are and how much you weigh, but unless you're really little, 1000 doesn't sound like enough. I think 1300-1500 is a good place for the average girl, but I can't remember where I heard that, so I'm not sure. Can anyone back me up on that, or...?

Good luck! biggrin  

__penguin__
Captain

BitterSweet89

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:04 pm
__penguin__
First, lmaooo @ wanton soup. It's supposed to be wonton soup. Wanton means, well... here... http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/wanton

Anyway, it sounds like you've got it down pretty good... but you're going to need to eat right and exersice for more than a week if you want to lose any significant weight. It's generally healthy to lose up to 2 pounds per week.

And planning food a week in advance sounds... difficult. surprised I think you're better off just trying to make healthy choices as you go... or at the very most making a meal plan for the next day. It'll be easier to stick to that way. All you have to do is follow the food pyramid with small-ish portion sizes and get 30-60 minutes of exersice every day and you'll be fine.

As for 1000 calories, that depends on how tall you are and how much you weigh, but unless you're really little, 1000 doesn't sound like enough. I think 1300-1500 is a good place for the average girl, but I can't remember where I heard that, so I'm not sure. Can anyone back me up on that, or...?

Good luck! biggrin

wel ive been eating and doing this kind of stuff for about 3-4 months now. I started hip hop and ballet itn eh summer and im 5 feet. the dr said if i was a normal teenager i wouldnt have a problem losing weight with as much activitiy that i do. but whatever i still need to work at it.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:34 pm
what does he mean "if you were a normal teenager"? 1000 calories a day sounds quite low, even if you are 5 feet tall and especially given your level of activity. It will also depend on your age and weight, which i dont know. Personally, i am 5'5'', about 164 pounds and eat between 1200-1500 to lose regularly and at a healthy rate, and work out about 3-4 times a week. You may want to check with your doctor, and take a multivitamin just incase you cut out a major source of something. Planning ahead sounds hard i agree, especially 7 days! I usually just plan for tomorrow in advance. I think there are some websites out there that will give you an eating plan, such as sparkpeople.com, they might be helpful too  

Iconised Ghost

BitterSweet89

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:32 pm
Iconised Ghost
what does he mean "if you were a normal teenager"? 1000 calories a day sounds quite low, even if you are 5 feet tall and especially given your level of activity. It will also depend on your age and weight, which i dont know. Personally, i am 5'5'', about 164 pounds and eat between 1200-1500 to lose regularly and at a healthy rate, and work out about 3-4 times a week. You may want to check with your doctor, and take a multivitamin just incase you cut out a major source of something. Planning ahead sounds hard i agree, especially 7 days! I usually just plan for tomorrow in advance. I think there are some websites out there that will give you an eating plan, such as sparkpeople.com, they might be helpful too

i have weither a metasbolism problem or pituitary gland problem. And im 19 and 180 pounds. so i need to lose 90.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:18 am
BitterSweet89
Iconised Ghost

i have weither a metasbolism problem or pituitary gland problem. And im 19 and 180 pounds. so i need to lose 90.

According to this bmi calculator, 90 is a little underweight for 5 feet. Depending on your bone and muscle structure, you're probably fine anywhere from about 95 to about 125. 3nodding  

__penguin__
Captain

Groovy Spleen
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:29 am
In this case it doesnt seem to be HOW MUCH you;re eating, but WHAT.
All I see that you've listed is simple (white) carbs, processed, and packed with sodium.

You need whole grains,
fruits and vegetables,
and lean protein like fish or chicken.

1000 calories a day will ruin your metabolism, btw, especially if you already have a metabolism problem.

Try for 4-6 small meals a day that incorporate 50% fruit/vegetable, 25% lean proteins, and % whole grain, along with a wee bit of dairy

If you want an meal plan, it's easy enough to figure one out, just incorporate whole grain, lean protein, and a hefty serving of veggies or a small portion of fruit into each meal.

Ex.

Breakfast: 1/2 grapefruit, 4 egg whites, a slice of whole wheat or sprouted grain toast toast (easy on the butter, or no butter, and definitely not jam...which is packed with simple sugar) and 1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese/a glass of milk

Lunch: Yogurt cup, lean turkey sandwhich meat on whole wheat, with lettuce (romaine, iceburg is 0 nutritional value) bean sprouts/alfalfa sprouts, cucumbers, or whatever other veggies you can pack on

Snack: 5-10 almonds and a piece of fruit (almonds are great for sating hunger, but eating too many can pack on the calories) or yogurt cup

Dinner; Brown rice or couscous, a piece of chicken or fish about the size of your palm, and a hefty serving of green beans

If stick to 4 meals a day no more than 300 calories a meal, you will hit the 1200 calorie range, which is generally the optimal range, although you might want to add another 200+ calories a day for your activity level.

Good luck, and dont be too tempted to dip below the 1200c a day range, it wrecks havok on your metabolism.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:57 am
The Weight Watchers Discussion thread is now on the first page of the forum again, pretty near the top (after stickies and announcements). I highly encourage you to read that. You're doing great with the exercising, but you're eating too little (yes, I said too little) food -- and of the wrong kind -- to be losing weight. You could be eating more, and better, and be slimming down.  

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:40 pm
i agree with everyone else, plus if you have a metabolism problem or a pituitary gland problem you might want to see a nutritionalist or at least your doctor for further advice 3nodding  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games