Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Challenge Ideas

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aeren
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:58 pm
On the forum I used to use we came up with fun challenges to keep us motivated. So we need to think of some, and maybe some prizes for winners and things. I'm not sure how it'd work and whatnot. I know there are only a few of us for now, but we can at least start doing things.

I'm hopefully getting banners made soon for people to advertise and whatnot.

anyway... im gonna go look at the place i used to be at and see if i can figure a good one for a few amount of people  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:27 pm
what were the challenges like? were they like "hey i challenge someone to lose ten pounds in this amount of time and if we both do it then we can have a party?" or was it more like "i challenge you to do 100 sit-ups right now!"

cuz i'd be up for doing those...  

shizznazzled

Emotional Klutz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:46 pm
We could challenge everyone to do something active every day for a month......mmm i dunno what could be a reward. I heard if you do something for 30 days straight, it becomes a habit.... sweatdrop lol so our reward could be that active living would be our reward.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:35 am
well i'm thinking small steps at first.

like maybe a water challenge or a fruit/veggie challenge, for a week or two.

we could make a thread, and report in every day if we've drank our water or if we had at least x many servings of fruit/veggies.

yes? no?  

Aeren
Crew

Emotional Klutz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:48 pm
oooooooh, i really think the water idea sounds great. sweatdrop I don't drink enough. We're supposed to be drinking like 8 glasses a day. That'd be cool. I'd post back in to say if i was doing it. ......the veggie and fruit thing, i dun eat em much sooooooo, i suppose that's a good idea too.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:19 pm
i just want to make it a realistic challenge, and something that the accountability would help with  

Aeren
Crew

Scarlet Sayuri

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:58 am
*cracks the whip* so let's do it!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:48 pm
My personal challenge is to walk 3 miles a day, unless I'm out of town with family or I'm really sick. On days that I have my period, I'm going to walk a little bit, but probably more like 1 mile. After... I think, a week and a half more, I'm going to up it to 4 miles a day!

I've done it eeevery single day, since I started! I'm so proud of myself! Of course, I'm also watching what I eat.. staying healthy!

I never believed it before, but it really DOES make you feel tons better if you exercise regularly..

So that could be a challenge! Incorporating exercise into your everyday routine!  

BlinkyTheRed

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:47 pm
I don't know about all the older people, who might not have friends in walking distance, or have their own car, but for me, the best thing that i have found is for me to challange myself not to ask my mom for rides places which i could walk to. She gets annoyed when i interupt her, and i can walk anyways. Its like "i want to go to Togos. thats a 5 minute drive... and about a 20 minute walk. I'll walk there and back, and i'll buy a small cookie for my efforts"

It'd be fun to have a wider challange, something that more people are doing, and where its harder to break you promise of "only if i do it"... Like have everyone donate some gold, and then only the people who actually do it get a share of the gold... Or something.  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games