Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
I have some questions

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kay-VW

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:32 am
Ok, so you guys I have some questions.

Ok, first off, I have so far, gotten nowhere in losing weight. One of my questions is, what would be about the correct weight for me to weigh; I weigh roughly about 240,250 lbs gonk ,and my height is roughly at about 5'8". So what would be a healthy weight for me?

Ok, next quetion: I used to be allergic to a lot of different foods, and food products, I was allergic to everything dairy, eggs, nuts, and bakers yeast. Anyways, when I was about ten, they said that I had seemed to grow out of my food allergies. So, I was able to start eating some of the things I was allergic to without getting sick, But what I'm wondering is I I may not have entirely outgrown my food allergies. I am wondering if my weight gain was caused from my food allergies? I mean seriously, I used to be skin and bones. If the wind was strong enough, it could blow me over.

So anyways, those are my questions.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:39 am
I don't know about the second question but for your first I have to say ask a doctor. You can consult a BMI calculator but most of those only take height and weight into consideration. A doctor can consider those, plus your body shape and lifestyle. That really does make a difference.  

Starlurk

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:48 am
For BOTH questions, consult a doctor. We here are not qualified to answer either of those questions.

I will note that one of my friends has lost only three pounds since going gluten-free last year, but she has lost about 5 inches around her waist. The glutens were causing her to bloat. She also used to be very, ahem, flatulent, but now she isn't. She's not a true Celiac sufferer, but she does have a mild intolerance for glutens.

Now you have three questions to ask at the doctor's office:

1. What should my ideal weight be?
2. Have I really outgrown my childhood allergies and intolerances?
3. Will you test me for Celiac's?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:17 pm
you can look around the internet and google for "ideal weight calculators" to give you a rough idea. Sometimes these seem too low. For example, my ideal is about 50-55kg (about 120 pounds or something). Im not sure how i will feel weighign that much, plus i wanna be pretty muscular pirate so im aiming for that and seeing how im going to go. You will need to know what body frame you have for most of those calculators. When i put your height and weight in and said that you had a medium frame, it came up with 154 - 169.4 lbs. But you really need to check that with a doctor and set your own goals

As for the food allergies, definately check with your doctor. I would get tested for all those things, and even if it comes up negative you can always try a diet that excludes one or all of those items to see if it makes a difference. Just as long as you make sure you eat something and dont just cut things out wink  

Iconised Ghost

Kay-VW

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:58 pm
Iconised Ghost

As for the food allergies, definately check with your doctor. I would get tested for all those things, and even if it comes up negative you can always try a diet that excludes one or all of those items to see if it makes a difference. Just as long as you make sure you eat something and dont just cut things out wink

I was thinking of trying something like that, i was thinking of cutting back on a few of the foods I was allergic to, and seeing if that makes a difference. Because I've been thinking about that for awhile. I first started gaining weight in about 4th grade, It wasn't to bad at first, but at about halfway through middle school it started getting worse. So, I don't know.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:04 pm
Kay-VW
Iconised Ghost

I was thinking of trying something like that, i was thinking of cutting back on a few of the foods I was allergic to, and seeing if that makes a difference. Because I've been thinking about that for awhile. I first started gaining weight in about 4th grade, It wasn't to bad at first, but at about halfway through middle school it started getting worse. So, I don't know.

Theres probably no harm in cutting those things out and seeing (of course see your doctor before making big changes to diet etc etc) as long as you do replace them with other things (so you dont starve!) and might be a good idea to take a multivitamin if poss so you get nutrition you might be cutting out. It could be that those things are affecting you without giving you a huge allergic reaction. For e.g. i dont have an allergic reaction to dairy when tested, but i know that it does affect my skin in a negative way.  

Iconised Ghost

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games