View Results

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:00 am
1. When you CANNOT keep from playing/singing for even one day. Even worse when other people point it out to you because you don't notice.
2.When you walk in time to songs you don't even like. I can when I got a good game and a good song razz
3. When you can listen to the first chord/note of a song and know what song it is. Yush
4.When you know what chord/note the train sounds as it passes. (Bb 3/4 Inverted Chord) We don't have trains here.
5. When you know what sound the bell at your school is. (B Natural) I don't have a bell at my school as it is a college.
6. When you watch a movie for the music. (The Da Vinci Code, Kingdom of Heaven, etc.) I just go on youtube razz
7. You get slightly depressed/angry when you look up your favorite composer and they aren't there. Yes I do. So much so that I find the song in question and upload it to youtube personally scream
8. When you have several stories to tell about how your instrument has harmed you... and you have the scars to prove it. I dun have scars, but my piano has sprained my finger once and bruised my elbow when I smacked it in frustration.
9. When you can recite a song a'cappella, word for word, note for note, in tune. I can't sing for s**t razz
10. You NEED music to live. If you don't have an exterior form of it, you will resort to listening to it in your head. Yush
11. When you can hear whole songs in your head without missing a line, and with little effort. Yush  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:38 am
1. When you CANNOT keep from playing/singing for even one day. Even
worse when other people point it out to you because you don't notice.
Ah, the side effects of choir!
2.When you walk in time to songs you don't even like. I can when I got a good game and a good song
I walk in step with my friends, regardless of the situation
3. When you can listen to the first chord/note of a song and know what song it is.
Hahaha...yup
4.When you know what chord/note the train sounds as it passes.
I don't live by trains...
5. When you know what sound the bell at your school is.
Getting there...all the idiots keep going flat when the bell rings xS
6. When you watch a movie for the music.
Does the movie "A West Side Story" ring a bell? Dammit, Tony... shut up and die already.
7. You get slightly depressed/angry when you look up your favorite composer and they aren't there.
This has happened on multiple occasions
8. When you have several stories to tell about how your instrument has harmed you... and you have the scars to prove it.
I have scars on my fingers from effed up E's from my elementary violin days. I've got peeling calluses because I don't play as often as I should. I have more scars from steel strings, a scar on my leg from another bitchy E string on my violin, and on top of that, my wrist used to look cut up because my dad restrung my nylon stringed guitar wrong. Oh, and I almost got laryngitis this year from singing.
9. When you can recite a song a'cappella, word for word, note for note, in tune.
We do this at every home football game that the pep band plays, in addition to graduation ceremony.
10. You NEED music to live. If you don't have an exterior form of it, you will resort to listening to it in your head.
If you're a musician and don't, then that's disappointing.
11. When you can hear whole songs in your head without missing a line, and with little effort.
[... and since I am dead, I can take off my head to recite Shakespearean quotations/no animal or man can scream like I can with the fury of my recitations] What was the question again?  

ber-the-conqueror

archeologhost

6,725 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:54 am
YuzoraRyuu
You know you're a Music Junkie:

When you know Bohemian Rhapsody and/or RENT by heart.

this is true about me but once i accidentally hit my self in the face with the bow to my viollin  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:35 pm
OMG this is really funny and oh so very close to home! xD
I have perfect pitch as well and can tell the pitches of just about everything! My harp has scratched me badly on several occasions, and I tend to walk in pace to bad music xD
ha ha ha nice to know I'm not alone!!!  

katethegreat19

Arc En Licorne

5,300 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:25 pm
I've got that definitely and i have another symptom:
when u can hear every chord and every word of a song u barely kno in ur head and start singing it out loud while still thinking its in ur head and not realizing that other people can hear u.
its happened to me before and its kinda embarrassing.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:42 am
1,2,3,6,9,10, and 11 all apply to me.  

Mindless Exploits

Puking On Vinyl

Distinct Smoker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:25 am
Well there is when i don't have music i get unfocused and Frustrated
with out it, its like having a breakdown and getting mad.....yeah  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:41 pm
When you get songs stuck in your head, even if you don't like them.

Actually, that one may just be to do with the 'Music Hook' that some tunes have and nothing to do with being a musician.

But what about this one for weirdness:

When you get two songs stuck in your head and are able to beat match them to turn them into an MTV style Mash-up.

Oh yeah.  

StudioGilliam

Fenpex

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:18 pm
1. Playing the invisible piano/pretending to play the piano on my leg/pretending to play the piano on my desk/pretending to play the piano... On anything other than a piano.

2. Accidentally dancing in public while listening to my iPod... And then realizing I'm in public, and I feel like a dumbass.

3. Listening to artists I don't like a whole lot, and then eventually developing a passion for their music (usually only with indie artists).

4. Telling people a band sucks when I hear a song by a band that... Well, sucks. (yeah, I'm an honest a*****e).

I can't really think of anything else at the momentooo...  
The Music Artists Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff