Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Certified_Snugglewhore

2,750 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:50 pm
Hey all, been a while since I posted on here, but I was wondering if anyone had any pointers for sculpting green stuff. Aside from using it to fill gaps in models, I pretty much suck at sculpting.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:51 am
Alot of training and patience is the best medecine, and of course looking through anatomy books and sculpting guides that is.

I used GS for hair, bags, gap-filling and other small accessories, but now I'm trying to sculpt my own models, and this was my first sculpt (somehow it ended out quite well for my first time sculpt).

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

To me it sort of comes "naturally" in a way, yes it's not perfect but as said, it sure is something for my first sculpt.

The tips I can give is don't rush, take your time, and for god's sake please take your time and let the GS dry before you continue, lets say you're sculpting an arm, then you should go for one muscle at a time, and once they're all sculpted you go for a covering "skin" layer to make them flow together better.

I suck at giving tips... Apart from going to Warseer and use the search function to get tips, or googling for a sculpting guide.

Good luck!  

Shinobi_8745

Aquilla Claringbold

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:29 am
Wow, Shinobi_8745, thats quite a sculpting job. my friend finds that orks are incredibly difficult to sculpt but you don't seem to have any trouble with it.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:36 am
Funny thing is that orcs are the easiest thing to sculpt (next to daemons and mutants) while humans, marines, tau etc are pretty harder because they're smaller and have more details.  

Shinobi_8745

Drakeoss Dragoon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:16 am
well heres my first attempt at using greenstuff for more than fur and gaps its not as good as Shinobi_8745 but here it is
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
ok here the deal with him my new army is all about the mek side of orks and the grots basicly are tasked with coming along after the orks to pick up the parts and what ever they can get there hands on so back to the slaver the info is way he has al the stuff on his back as for those of you that think my squig looks strange I ask you to look back to the ork codex from 2and edition in there they talk about all kinds of squigs and this one is one the slavers used to use called a sniffer squig called that for its long noise used to detect errant grots and nearby panzees and this info comes with a pick of one and not only do they have long noises but there hairy so I tried my hand at making one now the slaver has only one eye hence the patch so he keeps an eye out one way and the squig who lost a fight somewhere along the way and lost his one eye keeps his good eye facing the other way so thay can watch everything

Ok a little wordy but I felt things needed a little explaning hope it helps  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff