ZetsubouNikki
Vice Captain

Shadowy Loiterer

7,175 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:18 pm
I've been thinking about this for a few months, and I've finally gotten around to asking the community.

Besides murder being a commandment sin, did L have any other reason to hate or want to arrest Light? The lengths that he went to to get Light to confess were borderline interrogation, and without significant evidence, it was clearly shown that he was breaking several laws to prove something that he had no evidence of.

As an L fan, it's been hard for me to stay on his side, because Light's mentality seems to be more prominant in thinking, rather than L, whom you don't know what he was thinking. If he had no significant evidence against Light, should he have been allowed to keep him in confinement? There was no other evidence in my knowledge of law that would have allowed L to do to Light as he did.

It's a little jumbled, but what do you guys think about this?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:40 pm
hmmm tough call. I think I have a few reasons as to why he went to such lengths.
- L (being the exalted detective he is) probably didn't want to be proven wring by a highschool student. L did say in one episode that he wanted light to be Kira.

- Light himself was quite suspicious from the beginning, so he could have always been going by his gut feeling.

- Besides he's L. He can do whatever he wants, screw lack of evidence xd  

Ninja Sabaku_no_Bara

Lilitherin

Beloved Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:53 am
Id say he is the type of person that likes to push others to their limits knowing him he thinks highly of his detective skills and as a hard nut to crack as light is he wanted to push him over the edge like any good interigator does.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:49 pm
I can understand your point. After reading Death note: Another note and the after math of what happened after Light died; It's easy to feel a bit let down about L's methods. It's true that everything that L does can be seen as criminal and/or unjust. But, the same can be said about Light too. I think both of them were willing to do whatever it takes to achieve their goals.

In short, I think L only used extreme methods so he could solve the case and rid the world of Kira.  

Mia_Sage

Friendly Raider

faerygirl-14

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:16 pm
I don't think I know, or pretend to know what's going on in L's brain. Coming from the guy who sits like that, holds things with two fingers, slouches, and can play awesome tennis even though he barely ever walks... well, let's just say that... it's gonna be hard to break into his brain.

But there are two things about L that are absolutely amazing. For one thing, he's solved cases people often give up on after one look at the papers. Therefore, he definitely is an unquestionable genius. And plus, for us who KNOW that Light WAS Kira, and so was Misa, it's amazing that L could have gotten it with his first try. So, we have to assume his gut feeling is nearly perfect. And another thing, despite having no knowledge whatsoever about the Death Note, he almost immediately assumed correctly about the knowledge-transfer thing. So, I'd say that L is 60% gut feeling and 40% total genius.

Also, you have to remember, nothing L did was exactly OVER over the edge. The cameras were installed in the Yagami home WITH Raito's dad's permission, remember? The other people... well, they were suspects. Also, Light WAS the one who requested to be locked up, and so was his dad. Misa was treated pretty well. All she had was a blinder thingy and bindings and she was sitting, too. She was fine once she lost her memory, so the only thing that was bothering her was the metal pressure. So, despite what it looked like, L was pretty decent.

About the handcuffs... Raito himself agreed to it. "You can join the investigation team, IF you're with me, 24/7." Raito could either not join, or get handcuffed. His choice. Anything I'm missing?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:33 pm
If it was anyone but L he wouldn't have been able to do a lot of the things that broke the law, but since he's never been wrong before The NPA felt obliged to help him, even when there was no evidence against Light except by using the process of elimination on the suspects. Even so if L hadn't broken the law Light would have won because he never would have had to give up the death note to the guy in Yotsuba so that he (without his memories) and L caught him and found the death note which led up to the Near and Mello thing, but they probably wouldn't have done anything if they didn't already know the death note existed  

flamingsaphire99

faerygirl-14

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:02 pm
Good point, I guess it would have been stupid to follow all the rules when Light had the advantage of not having to...  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:55 pm
L is L and that's an explanation. I do agree that it seems too much, but as faerygirl-14 said, it was probably just instint, something you can almost never go wrong with. ANd he's L, there's nothing people can do to stop him.
there was something else I wanted to add, but it's gone now.

Count Chocolat

faerygirl-14

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:56 pm
I hate it when that happens... XD  
The L Guild Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out