Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Following the election?
  Yes! (I live in the USA.)
  No. (I live in the USA.)
  Yes! (I don't live in the USA.)
  No. (I don't live in the USA.)
  I prefer not to answer this anonymous question...
View Results

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:35 pm
Voting is important, by voting you can help shape the future of things. Some people don't vote because they don't feel it's important, and some people do vote. My problem is that some people who do vote just shouldn't, or they should think about what voting means and then go and vote.

I say because, as you all know, the American presidental elections are coming up. Everyone is discussing it, the future of the United States is at stake. While I was going about my daily Saturday chores, I overheard my parents talking about the election. Me, being interested in this, decided to listen in for awhile. I did, and was shocked and angered. Here's why:
--
One parent has decided to vote for McCain, but not because they agree with him. They agree with Obama, but....this parent has decided not to vote for him simply because Obama isn't 'white'. The other parent, being a complete pushover, eventually agrees and goes against their better judgment and decides to also vote for McCain, (whether or not they actually will do it though, I don't know.)
--

This is what I hate. People voting or not voting for someone because of their race or gender or anything, even if they agree with that person! Elections (well this one at least) aren't about the color of your skin, they're about the values you hold and what you plan to do to the country and how your values and beleifs will affect your policy. I can see how your religion would affect this if you let it affect it, but not how your race has anything to do with this.

Bottom line: if you're not going to be objective about this election, or any election, don't vote. We don't need racists like you screwing over the country because of your opinion on someone's skin color, name, or other BS. Vote because you agree with them, not because you don't like their race/religion/ect....  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:00 pm
Some people I know are voting for either candidate just because "it feels right."
I'm not sure if that's better or worse than the situation you observed.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:18 am
I got terribly miffed by people who voted for George Bush Jr instead of Al Gore, just because they thought he was a more likeable person. To me, presidential elections are not about personality. I'm never going to meet the president in person. I don't care if he's a boaster or a b*****d as long as he does the job and does it well.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:08 am
I also think the voting age should be lowered to 13. Most teenagers are smater about these things then many adults. We're the ones who are going to have to live with the decisions the candidates make.  

Labradorescence

Nikki the Juggalette

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:20 pm
The voting for president is not the only vote in Nov. that people seem to be voting uninformed. Like the vote for Prop 8 in Cali.  
~ Main Forum ~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games