Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
I don't know where to start at ALL.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

You guys probably think I'm silly.
  But I'm really, so lost.
View Results

Phsycosomatic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:21 pm
Diet foods; I'm young... Ish. I don't know what off limits, and what to take it easy on. Let alone anything. D:
Exercise? Well, I don't know. I have plenty of oppertunities, that I'm willing to take, I guess.
But how long, of what, for how many days and what not.
And oh gosh! Just everything else!

I've been reading through stuff. Everything, I guess.
And i don't know where to start.
I just have no clue, and I'm tired of being a whomping 215 pounds!
Someone help? D:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:29 am
You're at about where I am weight wise. I know a fair bit about nutrition, so I can answer some questions after work (I'm there right now)

How young are you? What's your activity level, what do you eat?  

Lady Schist

AoiMakura

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:29 pm
ha ha im in the same boat. im 15, so your probly older than me. umm i just started recording what i ate about a year ago, and i made a journal in this guild about a month ago. doing this helps you see like what you eat and i think even us young people have a little bit of knowledge about what healthy foods are. so start there, by writing a food journal. for some help why not just make one in the guild where people can explain to you the things you don't understand. as for excersise, pretty much anything that gets you moving counts. you don't have to have any fancy equipment or anything. just get out an move xD! hope that helps and good luck. blaugh  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:29 pm
First things first, if you drink sodas or juices, stop.
Replace all the soda or juice you would drink with water,
and add a half hour of light exercise ( a walk, a bike ride, anything so long as its a half hour of being active that you normally wouldnt)

It's about the easiest way to start, and I swear I lost my first 25lbs just doing that in the first few months alone.  

Groovy Spleen
Crew

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:18 am
Portion sizes matter as much if not more than replacing sugary/high calorie foods. For me, it's portion sizes because I have always eaten healthily.

Get a small bowl and smaller plates, only eat from those. Small everything, small forks, small spoons, take your time eating.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:48 pm
I've found that at least 30 minutes of cardio excersize (running, swimming, cycling, powerwalking, jumprope, basically anything that gets your heart rate up) EVERY day works wonders. Along with cutting back on junk food, of course. Treadmills, stationary bicycles (i don't know what those are called whee ), elipticals, etc. are nice because you can read or play handheld video games if you get bored, but if you don't have access to them, just running around your block for half an hour is still good.

One thing that really helped me was reading the book Fast Food Nation (and/or watching Supersize Me). Basically what those say is that fast food companies are capitalizing on obesity. Ever since I read Fast Food Nation a couple years ago I haven't gone to any of the major fast food chains at all. Partially because they're so damn unhealthy, but also because I don't want to support companies that profit from my unhealthiness. That mindset has helped me a lot.

Also, as for what Groovy said about juice... I agree about cutting it out if it's sweetened juice or not 100% juice, but if you drink like... fresh squeezed orange juice or stuff from Odwalla and Naked juice... they're good as long as you treat it like you're eating a piece of fruit instead of having a drink. Treat it like a snack.  

__penguin__
Captain

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games