Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mintahy
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:06 pm

Yes! You heard me!
There have been quite a few made for TV movies based on The Beatles themselves.
Here's a couple that I've recently come across!

In His Life: The John Lennon Story

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"A film about the early life of the rock musician and his burgeoning career as a member of the Beatles." -IMDB

John and Yoko: A Love Story

(I'm not posting the cover just in case bare backs offend anyone. Bahaha)

"Details the lives of John Lennon and Yoko Ono, from before their first meeting to their rise to stardom."

Two of Us

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"A fictional encounter between John Lennon and Paul McCartney in 1976. They have a chat about their lives, and if "The Beatles" will ever reunite."

I'm sure there is more out there, and tell me if there is!
I think it's so interesting seeing different people portray them, and laughing about how bad the 'look alike' games are in them.
I haven't had the chance to see Two of Us though, I hope one day I will!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:16 am
I tryed to watch "Two Of Us" online. It couldnt be found. gonk  

Cr4shley
Crew

Gaian

Beccaecka
Crew

600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:00 pm
Ooh what about Backbeat? It's about Stuart and John in Hamburg. GOOD MOVIE. You can watch it on YouTube. However, it's rated R. I had to skip a ton of parts because of nudity. razz  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:43 pm
There is one about these teenagers (they try to sneak in or something) during The Beatles appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show, I believe it's called "I Wanna Hold Your Hand"  

magnoboy

HistoryWak
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:10 pm
In his life was on Vh1 Classic last night! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:26 pm
I've heard of Two of Us, I'd really like to see that.
The other day I watched Chapter 27.

User Image

Based on what I've already read about the tragic event, it seemed pretty accurate. Parts of it dragged on, due to the fact that much of the film was narration. But the acting was decent, and for an independent film it was alright.
And I hate to admit it; but I cried.

[Your Worst Nightmare]

Medazzaland

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:54 pm
User Image

Rock n' Roll Picture SHow on VH1 Classic plays this movie every so often about the life of John Lennon, from his childhood to around 1963/64. It's a great movie, which covers a lot of the little details. The guys that play John and Paul look freakisly like the real thing, but if I didn;t know that the guys playing George and Ringo were supposed to play them, I'd never have known. Just because that kid has bushy eyebrows and that kid has a big nose doesn;t mean they look like George or Ringo. Lol.

ANyways, it's a really good movie, and the song covers are amazing. Check out VH1 Classic from time to time. They play it a lot.
..User Image

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:32 pm
well theirs this one movie my mom was telling me about. Its about the Beatles but its starring the BeeGees. They act out the Beatles. I can't remember what its called. I think it came out in the 70's-80's?  

Kiitty Sushi

Cat

Kiya the Medusa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:35 am
iPaulie
well theirs this one movie my mom was telling me about. Its about the Beatles but its starring the BeeGees. They act out the Beatles. I can't remember what its called. I think it came out in the 70's-80's?

Sgt.Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band it's on youtube I love it not as good as The Beatles but a good movie  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:36 am
And I saw this movie onetime I didn't watch it just saw something for it called Nowhere Man it's about if John Lennon came back to life and The Beatles got back togeather...I think it was made before George died  

Kiya the Medusa

The Lover of Wonderland

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:58 pm
I saw In His Life a few months ago and the one about John and Yoko the next day but I haven't finished that one yet. Never seen Two Of Us but I was dying too...  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:14 pm
I'm watching Two of Us just right now! VERY funny:

"Police Officer": What were you two young men just doing?

"John": Vee ver dancing until yoou two caame.  

The Lover of Wonderland

The Beatles

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff