Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
Polluted Minds?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AccountManager808

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:54 am
Back when I was a youngster I was playing with like board games and yo-yo's not really but you get the idea. I had no idea what any "swear" or curse words meant.
So I was walking around my neighborhood and I said, "Hi." to this eight year old. He responded, " ******** off gay a**." Children, I think it's partially because they have gotten this Idea that swearing makes them look cool and tough, but In reality they just make other people dislike them.

What do you think about this matter, what are the causes of this behavior and do you find this to be a major issue?

And for those of you that are like 10 years old, tell us, do you swear a lot or just say highly rude or inappropriate things?

I'm a Jenius.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:36 am
ohohoh~ I remember those days~ 8D
When I was younger, I knew the curse words, but I'd never say em. My friends would sprout 'bad words' left and right, making me think of how well, dumb they look. :/ So, as a moral thing, I made a promise to myself to never say those kinds of degrading words.

I think it's partly the parents' fault. Monkey see, monkey do. If a parent says a curse word, obviously the child is going to copy.
But for the most part, it's the media. I mean look what's on TV nowadays. Sex, violence, drugs, etc,... It kinda makes me laugh when people are censored for saying swear words on TV, because you know still know what they're saying. It doesn't help to hear a "BLEEP!". xD

I was in Australia this summer and after a certain hour, they can show the TV shows and movies that have swear words and they don't censor em. Believe how surprised I was to hear the 'F' word on TV for the first time. x_x
But, my cousin explained to me that this is after all the children are asleep. ;D

[F]lavor.of.[L]ife

djTAKA
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:44 am
I tutor little kids these days.
Every once in a while i have a potty mouthed one. I just report back to their parent that the problem was that they have really vulgar language for a kid their age, and i let them take care of the rest.

of course sometimes it doesn't work, but i don't care. did it for the lulz.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:04 am
djTAKA
I tutor little kids these days.
Every once in a while i have a potty mouthed one. I just report back to their parent that the problem was that they have really vulgar language for a kid their age, and i let them take care of the rest.

of course sometimes it doesn't work, but i don't care. did it for the lulz.

That's nice, you did it, "for teh lulz."
That'll teach em.  

AccountManager808

Euphoric Ghost

Kawaii Cub

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:13 am
Stupid parents and their kids. Stupid people curse, their kids curse, and so the cursing spreads. If their parents were strict enough with it, the kids wouldn't curse for awhile. But you know, maybe the internet too 'cause kids are growing up around the computer so much that they're exposed to so much crap, that it comes out of their mouths.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:04 pm
i usually yell at my little cousin or hit him (not hard) if he talks like that  

BeiZhiMing

Anima2nboy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:20 pm
You know, that's not as bad as being cursed out by a 2 year old at the Jungle. (Play place, not a real jungle.)
Yes, it is a discipline problem. I rarely cuss. Maybe once every blue moon.
But anyways, of course it's an issue. Swear words shouldn't be said so much because they loose meaning. No one gives a **** if you keep saying **** all the time.
And pre-teens shouldn't have the slightest idea of what swearing is (let alone 2 year olds.)
I was so innocent in elementary school. I was talking with one of my friends and they said another guy called him the f word.
"What word is that?"
"...you know... it has three letters... F _ _ ."
"... fat?"
And then my friend punched me. emo
You guys have already come up with good issues to solve this problem. But I doubt it will ever stop.
Also, I thought this thread would talk about naughty stuff, not swearing. rolleyes

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:34 pm
I know how you feel. It feels weird how we think back that we're all innocent in our childhood. Now, kids are cursing their mouths out.

It depends how the child was raised. If their parents didn't discipline them, then that's bad. They'll never learn.

Some kids, don't bother to even go down that bad road.

My 3 year cousin copies what my older cousin says.

There was this one time where she said "FCKING SHT MONSTER!" aloud in front of my uncle. Boy that was scary.

When I was little, I knew that they were but I didn't bother to say them. *sigh* Every generation gets worse.

@ Anima2nboy- I thought so too. Polluted minds = dirty minds? ninja

DancingCherryBerry

m0nk33

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:50 pm
you could blame the parents for everything but it's not always the parents' fault because the kids could have just heard it from some random place and started saying it. but it is the parents' duty to keep their child respectful and to keep them from doing the wrong thing. when i was 8 i never cussed and i don't think i even heard them around my school. i knew them but everyone knew they were the "forbidden" words so nobody ever said them. teachers could be blamed too in a way because nowadays many teachers cuss and don't really care who they say it around. but i guess the main person to blame is really just the child.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:58 pm
Why is everyone writing in small letters? eek A lot of children nowadays have such mean/horrible vocabulary, and I can still remember, or at least summarize the days when I still had 'innocence', when a lot of people still had the innocence. I mean this mentally, not physically. Back in the day when I would play Burger King with my friends and a play-dough set and have tea-parties and play a mad version of hopscotch (one that ran down our driveway and onto the street to numbers like one-hundred and above).  

Poison Fairy Sennyo

6,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

MizukiLee

Friendly Explorer

5,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:48 pm
Mm..I swear sometimes but it's only when something extremely piss me off. Like, I say swear words that are considered "light" such as damn, hell, etc. But really, sometimes swear words make me laugh. Because my friends exaggerate their stories using them.

I believe it's mainly parents and the media. Back when I was a kid...I was a always running around playing military comando or somethin' with the neighbor kids. TV was like...rarely even mentioned. It usually had game shows, news, cartoons, or martial arts movie (back in Vietnam) but that was it.

Wow. I'm totally going off track. Oh well. Gold for me. Oh yeah. I remembered being in 4th grade (and this school is super special. No vulgar stuff anywhere) and everyone was pretty innocent an' everything and then like we got this new kid. And he was a potty mouth. He came from some other area and we always gasp when we heard him cussed. And we freaked out when he said "crap". xd Yeah. The end.

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games