Huh?
View Results

YoukaiLuvr

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:59 am
I was just watching "Endgame" - the Voy series finale - as a rerun on Spike TV and I was wondering what other people's reactions to it was.

I nearly gagged with all the C7 in it...but it helps to know she dumped him upon their return to Earth. 3nodding

Also, I know what happens afterward because I've read the books later (Homecoming, The Farther Shore, Spirit Walk Parts One & Two, bits of the most recent TNG books.).

But has anyone thought about how tramatic that must have been for the crew?

I mean, one minute, they're fighting the Borg, still 50-something thousand lightyears from home, and the next, they're greeted by 18 Starfleet ships on Earth's doorstep.

It's not like they came home and were put out back near the Badlands or anything - then they'd have a decent trip home - time to decompress, to acclimate to the idea that they made it, that they're really back home, ya know? But nnnooo, they were dumped out right at Earth, no time to let it sink in.

And not to mention that a good portion of her (Voyager's) crew are technically wanted by the Federation - the Maquis. And Tom was in a Federation penal colony before Kathryn pulled him out for the mission - not to mention he'd rather stay as far away from his dad (Adm. Paris) as possible.

Oh, and did I forget to mention that the crew was without a counselor for those seven years? It was supposed to be a short-term mission, no need for one...no one expected it to last as long as it did.

...yeah...I do think about this too much, but I was just wondering if anyone else had thought about this like I had.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:20 pm
C/7 was really unnecessary. Their "romance" was portrayed in a grand total of three episodes. (If you count both parts of "Endgame" as two separate episodes.) I was totally shipping J/C from the start of season two until this episode aired.

And as for the conclusion of "Endgame," it could have been done a whole lot better. They really rushed things, and they should have done a few scenes that took place after they returned to Earth instead of just ending it when they did. It wasn't the best way to say goodbye to the last Star Trek series worth watching.

I haven't read any of the books, so no comment there.  

Miral Paris

YoukaiLuvr

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:45 pm
Miral Paris
C/7 was really unnecessary. Their "romance" was portrayed in a grand total of three episodes. (If you count both parts of "Endgame" as two separate episodes.) I was totally shipping J/C from the start of season two until this episode aired.

And as for the conclusion of "Endgame," it could have been done a whole lot better. They really rushed things, and they should have done a few scenes that took place after they returned to Earth instead of just ending it when they did. It wasn't the best way to say goodbye to the last Star Trek series worth watching.

I haven't read any of the books, so no comment there.

I wouldn't say Voy was the last one worth watching - ENT was pretty awesome (definitely had it's problems though...the timeline was seriously screwed with a couple of times).

Anyway, the conclusion was really rushed, but I think it was dealt with the best way possible without leaving you with even more questions. I mean, it was already sitting at 1.75 hours, give or take for commericals. To add in anything decent after the return would have bumped it to at least 3 hours run time (no commericals), which results in about 3.5ish hours total.

Am I making any sense here? sweatdrop sweatdrop If I'm not, I'm sorry. I've had a migraine all day and it's still not fully gone. Those are so not fun. cry

Anyway, the immediate continuations, Homecoming and The Farther Shore, are both written by Christie Golden - a very talented ST author. Though we haven't heard much from her in a while.... confused The two books really show a good picture of what the return of the crew would look like, I think. If you do want to know what happens later, I do suggest reading them.

And on the C7 vs. JC note...one of Chakotay's musings from the beginning of Homecoming really brings it home, I think.... (To set it up, Seven's just told him that they should go their separate ways now that Voyager's back on Earth.)

{Seven}"And I have to learn to find my place again. I knew who I was on Voyager. Here, I have no idea."

He took a deep breath. The irony didn't escape him. He had cared for three women on Voyager - Seska, Janeway, and Seven of Nine. One was a madwoman, a traitor, whose 'yes' had never been real. The second had told him 'no,' gently and sweetly, because they were together on Voyager. And the third was telling him 'no' because they weren't together on Voyager. It was kind of funny, in a painful way.

"Can't win for losing," he said.

Love that bit. Dunno why, but I do.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:56 pm
Enterprise had its moments, true, but overall I was not extremely impressed.

And I actually prefer more questions being left unanswered, at least in the retrospect of what happened after they made it back. Who really did end up with who? Did anyone resign? Did anyone besides Janeway get promoted? Did Tom and B'Elanna have any more kids? (LOL)

As far as I know, these questions could have already been answered in the novel series. Those were actually a few of the thoughts that crossed my mind after watching the finale all those years ago. (I can never find the time to read due to school, so forgive me if I sound like a complete amateur when it comes to the books. Because I am. XD)

Maybe I'll pay a visit to Borders tomorrow and have them special order some of the books for me, since they never seem to have anything ST regularly in stock.  

Miral Paris

-[.Moo.]-

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:37 am
I loved the books that followed Endgame, the TNG/VOY crossover is wonderful.
And they did have partial communication with Starfleet on their journey, the Pathfinder thing?
Endgame was a brilliant finale in my opinion, and I never really thought C7 went well together. I was hoping for some J7 somewhere in the series.

:'D
ilovecomments

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:36 am
it was a good ending and i've also read the two books Homecoming and Farther Shore and they were both really good

i didn't really like C/7 either....that was the only part in the episode that i hated....that could be because i'm a huge J/7 fan..lol  

xXResistance_is_FutileXx

YoukaiLuvr

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:28 am
Why is everyone such a huge J7 fan? That pairing is just...{shudders}...so effing wrong. I'm just curious, 'cause personally, I don't see it.

Oh, and Miral Paris - I can give you a full list of the books following Endgame (which also has a novelization, much better than the episode) if you're interested.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:51 pm
YoukaiLuvr
Why is everyone such a huge J7 fan? That pairing is just...{shudders}...so effing wrong. I'm just curious, 'cause personally, I don't see it.

Oh, and Miral Paris - I can give you a full list of the books following Endgame (which also has a novelization, much better than the episode) if you're interested.

Call me Miral. biggrin

And that would be great! PM? *noms on inbox*

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of slash pairings either. It was never eluded in Voyager that Janeway and Seven were homosexual/bisexual. Ever.  

Miral Paris

Maria Stark

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:09 pm
I hate J/7 and C/7. I like P/T, J/C and D/7. Putting Chakotay and Seven together was an awful idea. Those two are so bad together! xp They'd even been building up The Doc and Seven's relationship! He even confessed his love to her in Renaissance Man! stressed
Here's a really good fanfiction about an alternate Endgame. It's J/C, P/T and D/7! biggrin
http://home.att.net/~samzmom/BWfangame.html  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:26 pm
Miral Kathryn Paris
I hate J/7 and C/7. I like P/T, J/C and D/7. Putting Chakotay and Seven together was an awful idea. Those two are so bad together! xp They'd even been building up The Doc and Seven's relationship! He even confessed his love to her in Renaissance Man! stressed
Here's a really good fanfiction about an alternate Endgame. It's J/C, P/T and D/7! biggrin

Miral! (What should we call you to distinguish you from me? XD)

I was totally in love with D/7. Curse you, screenwriters! What possessed you to think that C/7 would work out? *facepalm*

*runs off to read the fan-fiction*  

Miral Paris

Maria Stark

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:06 pm
Miral Paris
Miral Kathryn Paris

Miral! (What should we call you to distinguish you from me? XD)

I was totally in love with D/7. Curse you, screenwriters! What possessed you to think that C/7 would work out? *facepalm*

*runs off to read the fan-fiction*

I have no idea what we should call each other. confused Someone will come up with something, I'm sure.
They'd probably been planning those two since Human Error. It's still a stupid idea. stare Thanks for reading the fanfiction. Tell me if you like it! (That goes for anyone.)  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games