Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Necro Fusion

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:22 am
Come and die with the zombies in the moonlight
They become alive when you die, you cannot fool them
You got to slam with the dead and let it go now
See a thousand hallowed eyes stare into the night

Oh, believe me, I'll try. XD It's just that it's literally my first painting job, (More of the modeler than the painter, personally) so it's kinda like, "I hope I do a reasonable job" xd

The good news is that I did get my paints, and I'm trying out two methods here on two models.
The first is taking the advice of the Games Workshop member I talked to. Minus my shitty painting since I misjudged some things, it looks like it'll come through well.
The other model is using some tricks found here.

Oh, and I only have one metal color right now, the others were lost and dried up since I've had them for so long, so my metals won't be done yet. DX

It's getting dark so prepare to die
They're coming after you
It's getting dark and you can't get away
They're coming after you

}{Pain - Zombie Slam}{

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:35 pm
Shinobi_8745
Rev.Matt
badab black over white can come out a bit dull and dirty. try a 1 part badab black 1 part asurmen blue 2 parts water mix. highlight with sKull white until happy.
That's why you highlight. : P

I tried this out on another mini, and it did not look dirty at all, but if that effect would occour I wouldn't see a problem with it, I mean, come on, we're talking about chaos here, why would they bother cleaning their armour? Normal marines barely bother to clean it (GW just tend to make all models look clean, even orkz, for some reason they never give them rust effects).

And we want a test mini now! Otherwise I'll take out one of my own chaos marines and try my method out and post it up, you slowpokes! :'D

Oh, water with the foundation inks ruins the glaze-wannabe effect they give, so adding water is something I reccomend you don't do.
Normal marines take the utmost care of the armor if you had read a book you'd relise they clean their armor after every battle. Loken does it in Horus rising.  

Battle Brother Bill

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:19 pm
Codex book marines have damaged armies.

And belive me, I've read plenty of marine books and such, all codexes, most WD entries and such, sure they take care of them, but they don't re-paint it after every battle or super-clean them, not if they're in a campaign or a war though, but yes they do take care of them, IN BETWEEN WARS AND CAMPAIGNS that is. n_n  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:09 am
Come and die with the zombies in the moonlight
They become alive when you die, you cannot fool them
You got to slam with the dead and let it go now
See a thousand hallowed eyes stare into the night

And this is Chaos, they don't really give a damn as long as it works well, not if it's clean. ^^ I mean, some warbands use space hulks as ships.
Oh, and sorry for the disappearance, I'm in a bit of a predicament involving school.

It's getting dark so prepare to die
They're coming after you
It's getting dark and you can't get away
They're coming after you

}{Pain - Zombie Slam}{

Necro Fusion

Rev.Matt

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:11 am
Shinobi_8745

Oh, water with the foundation inks ruins the glaze-wannabe effect they give, so adding water is something I reccomend you don't do.

I use the washes purely as a second stage shade. highlighting on top ruins the "glaze" effect anyway. Watering them down (especially Badab Black) over white just makes it easier to paint fewer layers of white over it.  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff