Difference? :?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bluetabbycat

Jeering Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:57 am
What's the difference between a Trekkie and a Trekker? Surely everyone in the Star Trek fandom would fall into the same catagory? confused Does one take part in activities the other doesn't?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:47 pm
I really do not know I gather from what I read that one does the cos play thing more and are hardcore fans that do not like being called Trekkies,and the other is a Trekkie whom also love the show hard core minus the cosplay and spock posters all over the wall.Ok lol I was exaggerating on the sock posters. But to be honest call me either one cause I love start trek and am not offended at being called either a Trekkie or a Trekker,I find it as a badge of honor.

anyways here is something I read maybe it will help you come to your own decision as to what they mean to you.

http://www.unexplainable.net/artman/publish/article_5151.shtml  

Kizzeh

4,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200

Miral Paris

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:26 pm
I guess I'm just weird, then. I prefer to be called a Trekkie yet I do a TON of cosplay and my walls are indeed covered in Spock posters.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:47 pm
I dunno really there the same to me just different words.Just trying to make sense of what I googles.But hey if I was giving the chance and know were a Trek con was, I would totally wanna go biggrin .  

Kizzeh

4,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200

Sweetycow

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:22 am
I don't know if this goes worldwide, but at least in Sweden the difference in Trekker and Trekkie is:

Trekkie is a more fanatic fan of Star Trek, like has to se every episode of Star Trek, se every movie, read all the books, knows everything possible about the characters, races, worlds and actors... Basiclly lives Star Trek

Trekker is a fan of Star Trek. Likes one or more of the shows, maybe seen one or more of the movies and so on, but has more intrests than just TS and knows it's not the end of the world if they miss one episode.

I myself is a Trekker near the border to become a Trekkie...  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:19 pm
Thanks guys! Like you Sweetycow, I probably fall into the Trekker catagory, but am slipping into Trekkiedom. biggrin  

Bluetabbycat

Jeering Seeker

Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces