Submit

RAWR!!!
  eeeek!!
  RAAAAAAAAAAAWWWRR!!!!!
View Results

The_Cursed_Phoenix

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:17 pm
Romans 7:18

"I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my own sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good but I cannot carry it out."

Roman 16:20

"The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our lord Jesus be with you."

Romans 8:28

"We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose."

2 Corinthians 12:9

"He said to me "my grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.""

(these are labeled my favourite and working your way down)  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:24 pm
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be slient and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.  

animerider223

LadyAbiel

6,850 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:19 pm
Hebrews 11:1
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see".

Luke 6:27-36
"But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. Do to others as you would have them do to you. If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' love those who love them. And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' do that. And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' lend to 'sinners,' expecting to be repaid in full. But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful".

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:22 pm
Romans 8:38-39
For I am convinced that nothing can ever seperate us from his love. Death can't, and life can't. The angels can't and the demons can't. Our fears for today, our worries about tomorrow, and even the powers of hell can't keep God's love away. Whether we are high above the sky or in the deepest ocean, nothing in all creation will ever be able to seperate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Isaih 12:1-5
Praise the Lord! he was angry with me, but now he comforts me. See, God has come to save me. I will trust in him and not be afraid. The Lord God is my strength and song; he has also become my salvation. With joy you will drink deeply from the fountain of salvation? In that day you will sing: Thank the Lord! Tell the world what he has done. Oh, how mighty he is! Sing to the Lord, for he has done wonderful things, Make known his praise around the world.  

viper_353

Romjacks

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:10 pm
My number 1 favourite is the number 1 verse.

Genesis 1:1 (KJV) - In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Hebrews 13:15 (KJV) - Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Revelation 22:7 (NIV) - "Behold, I am coming soon! Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy in this book."  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:28 pm
Luke 12: 6-7 What is the price of five sparrows? A couple of pennies? Yet God does not forget a single one of them. And the very hairs on our head are numbered. So don't be afraid; you are of more value to him than a whole flock of sparrows. wink
Luke 12: 8-9 And I assure you of this: If anyone acknowledges me publicly here on earth, I, the son of man, will openly acknowledge that person in the presence of Godn't angels. But if anyone denies me here on earth, I will deny that person before God's angels.  

viper_353

Jessy_4 26 2008

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:27 pm
Luke 6:27-36

"But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. Do to others as you would have them do to you. If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' love those who love them. And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' do that. And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' lend to 'sinners,' expecting to be repaid in full. But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful".

John 3:16

"For God so loved the world, he gave his only begotten Son, so that whoever believes in Him would not perish, but have eternal life."

Matthew 7:7-8

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:52 pm
Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God; For i shall yet praise Him, The help of my countenance and my God. - Psalm 42:11

For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world but that the world through Him might be saved. -John 3:17

"I have shown you in every way, by laboring like this, that you must support the weak. And remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He said, 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'"- Acts 20:35

I have alot more but thoughs are just some of them  

Rsnbl Faith

Hilarious Defender

6,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Yelimi Kughdi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:27 pm
Hebrews 10:31 NKJV - It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

1 John 4:18 NKJV - There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.

2 Timothy 3:16 NIV - All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

and honestly the entire Psalm 91  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:21 am
i take my verse from my esv (=

"And now, O sons, listen to me: blessed are those who keep my ways. Hear instruction and be wise, and do not neglect it. Blessed is the one who listens to me, watching daily at my gates, waiting beside my doors. For whoever finds me finds life and obtains favor from the Lord, but he who fails to find me injures himself; all who hate me love death." -proverbs 8:32-36

"And the Lord said to me, "Go again, love a woman who is loved by another man and is an adulteress, even as the Lord loves the children of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love cakes of raisins."" -hosea 3:1

"And he said to him: You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets." -matthew 22:37-40

""Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you clean the outside of the cup and the plate, but inside they are full of greed and self indulgence. You blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and the plate, that the outside also may be clean."" matthew 23:25-26

"And Jesus said to him: "Why do you calll me good? No one is good except God alone."" -mark 10:18

"If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you." -john 15:18-19

"Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. For by it the people of old received their commendation. By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible." -hebrews 11:1-3

These are some of my favorite scriptures, but the one that I go back to most consistently is the book of Job. I had a friend with an incredible testimony who talked of how he always read Job, and when I finally read it, the story blew my mind. The thing I value the most in my walk with God is my faith, and Job is one of my heroes.

spingus

Sparkly Prophet

Zuleus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:15 am
Psalms 3 (which relates to Acts 4:27)

All of Psalms 139

All of Proverbs (best place for wisdom)

1 Corinthians 13 (the love verse)

John 3:16

John 3:19

Acts 4:27 (Prayer for courage)

Lamentations 3

Matthew 7:1-2 (1) Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. (2) For you will be treated as you treat others. The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:58 am
plams 30:5 "For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life; weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning"  

Nottaname

ferret658

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:19 pm
Matthew 11:28
Come to me, all you who are weary and heavy burdened and I will give you rest.

I have been given scripture on two separate occasions. My youth pastor gave them to me because her mother in law who lives in Trinidad called her and told her that God wanted one of her students to read these verses. (btw, we live in Az, so you can just bask in the glory of God there for a while....)

Isaiah 40:28-31
28 Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.

29 He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.

30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;

31 but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

Also, Hebrews 12:12-13

12Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees. 13"Make level paths for your feet,"[a] so that the lame may not be disabled, but rather healed.

The one my youth pastor tells us constantly is, "For you were not given the spirit of fear, but the spirit of power love and self control."

I really like the fact that POD took a third of an entire Psalm and reworded it into a song, Strength of My Life.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:15 am
Matthew 11:28-30 as well.  

ferret658

Bible Discussion {Get in the Word}

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out