Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
This is upsetting. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Spatterdash

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:31 am
I never actually bought any Pokemon cards, I just scabbed them off other people. As I recall, I had a Ponyta, a Charmander, a Charmeleon, possibly a Squirtle and a few others. The maximum I ever owned was about eight.

Still, when the yo-yo craze kicked in I was excellent. Until everyone got light-up ones, and mine broke shortly after. That was a disappointment.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:16 am
The pokemon thing was a little after my time...although that said, I DID know one of the marketing guys responsible for bringing Pokemon in from the cold in the UK and really hyping it up....Jeremy....hmmm.....~drools~ Yes, Pokemon had at least ONE benefit I can think of.....~snickerfit~

Ahem...ANYWAY...that aside.

I really can't hink what the "crazes" were...I do remember an awful lot of embroidery thread and macrame bracelets being made. In fact, I still make them when I'm a bit stressed out - remarkably calming n the jolly old nerves.  

illyrianth
Vice Captain

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:34 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:25 am

Invictus_88
Captain

Angilwingz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:24 pm
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:28 pm

Angilwingz

Spatterdash

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:59 am
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:50 am

Invictus_88
Captain

whathedickens

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:23 am
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:59 pm
I'm sure the scoobie craze has came twice that I remember. Only this time it was only acceptable for boys to wear them, and fluoresent pink ones at that.
Its probably different for other age groups though.  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

mintchip40459

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:09 pm
anyway was just reading thefirst page and so on... anyway canadians are not stupid I have played pogs and conkers and both were fun at the time so you should be quiet you are ignorant

Timeless Visage
Angilwingz
*Ahem*
I said played, not play! As in past tense....
In other words, I used to play them, I don't still play them.
Besides, I can't find mine anyway.
Ignorant American...

biggrin I think that the fact that you played with pogs at all is sad. sad ~patpat~ I'm glad you grew out of that. I never played it myself, it looked quite silly even when I was a child.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:18 am

Angilwingz

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:53 pm
I LOVE POKEMON.

I used to watch it after school every day. You know, I wanted to download some of the episodes, but the only way you can get them is via torrents, which ******** up my connex. I only ever had a couple of Pokemon cards, though: Vulpix was one.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:31 pm
Foetus In Fetu
I LOVE POKEMON.

I used to watch it after school every day. You know, I wanted to download some of the episodes, but the only way you can get them is via torrents, which ******** up my connex. I only ever had a couple of Pokemon cards, though: Vulpix was one.
Torrents? Nah, I download anime and such all the time. Currently on the quest for .Hack//Sign  

Angilwingz

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:45 pm
I saw a mobile made tied together with scoobies yesterday. I think it worked better than ribbons.
My uncle helped my 4yr old cousin make it out of twigs and fake icicles after my aunt suggested they make a mobile. It was a very good mobile but it turned out she was meaning the mobile in the phone sense. XD  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff