Welcome to Gaia! ::

Perfect Strangers Guild

Back to Guilds

There are no such things as strangers, only friends we haven't met yet. 

Tags: Bookworms, Heroes, General, strangers, friends 

Reply \m/[(>.<)]\m/.........♪♫♪♫............Rocking Out!! (Music)
Liscense to Carry

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should i get a liscence to carry fire arm
  Yes
  No
View Results

Melisciose22
Captain

3,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:31 am
This is taken from a convo i started inanother thread n thought i should start a new thread topic

Graphic Geek
Melisciose22
i was at traffic school and the officer teaching us told us ladies that he recommend us females to go ahead and get our gun license...yeah gang activity is on the rise.....i dont know i dont like violence but he seems pretty seriouse....after all he's been on the force for 15 years. what u guys think should i get one?

Do it mel then if you r ever in trouble u could kick @$$ rofl jk
No I think you should for 2 reasons...
1. Protection.
2.and you'd be the only Mom tht I know tht has one^^
My Dad has one and guns...kool guns.
we go shooting now and then, but he carries one for protection too.
you could get a tazzer if you really dont want one but they dont have the same effect....

im so dead set agaiinst having one because kids get a hold of it and u know get hurt or hurt others and sometimes i feel like it gives us a false sense of immortality like having a gun makes u invincible...but my city has been infested with Latin kings and MS13 gang members ands Oficer Vick said it with a sense of urgency in his voice....my husband wants me to get one since im always out late and stuff...and my ignorant neighbor who have all kinds of drama and crackheads coming to their house so that makes me want to have one just in case a crack head gets desperate for coke and wants to break in my house....also it seems like more and more woman are attacked everyday...and I'm seriosely considering getting one....i dont want to get one out of fear or wait for something to happen to me that motivates me to get one....my husband said he'll get me a pink one something small.........I trust and respect the oppinions of PSGans so what are ur thoughts and feelings about firearm? Guns dont kill people people kill people....IDK.... im so conflicted  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:25 am
Melisciose22
This is taken from a convo i started inanother thread n thought i should start a new thread topic

Graphic Geek
Melisciose22
i was at traffic school and the officer teaching us told us ladies that he recommend us females to go ahead and get our gun license...yeah gang activity is on the rise.....i dont know i dont like violence but he seems pretty seriouse....after all he's been on the force for 15 years. what u guys think should i get one?

Do it mel then if you r ever in trouble u could kick @$$ rofl jk
No I think you should for 2 reasons...
1. Protection.
2.and you'd be the only Mom tht I know tht has one^^
My Dad has one and guns...kool guns.
we go shooting now and then, but he carries one for protection too.
you could get a tazzer if you really dont want one but they dont have the same effect....

im so dead set agaiinst having one because kids get a hold of it and u know get hurt or hurt others and sometimes i feel like it gives us a false sense of immortality like having a gun makes u invincible...but my city has been infested with Latin kings and MS13 gang members ands Oficer Vick said it with a sense of urgency in his voice....my husband wants me to get one since im always out late and stuff...and my ignorant neighbor who have all kinds of drama and crackheads coming to their house so that makes me want to have one just in case a crack head gets desperate for coke and wants to break in my house....also it seems like more and more woman are attacked everyday...and I'm seriosely considering getting one....i dont want to get one out of fear or wait for something to happen to me that motivates me to get one....my husband said he'll get me a pink one something small.........I trust and respect the oppinions of PSGans so what are ur thoughts and feelings about firearm? Guns dont kill people people kill people....IDK.... im so conflicted

I'd say no, but that's merely based on personal opinion. I can't really reason against it, seeing as - yeah, you kind of need to be able to protect yourself, especially if everyone else has firearms. At the same time, it adds to the problem... it's a sad state of affairs that you even need to consider getting one for your own peace of mind sad

If I'm honest, America's gun culture freaks me out a little. It's kind of rampant :S  

yeshyesh

daniG0rawr
Crew

350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:13 am
im republican..and alot orf reps r gun crazy...i only shoot for sport like skeet..and i hate hunting..i mean just hate it...u dont have to go hunt wat u could get in trader joes...my bro and i were camping with a dad/son that had a gazillion guns...then my bro and his friend saw some ducks on the lake and just shot them..my bro had a shotgun and he shot em like 5 times..it was horrific...i will never do that...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:50 pm
well soon as im old enough im getting mine...

Graphic Geek
Crew

3,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

undacuva_druid
Vice Captain

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:03 am
I'd love a gun but only for when the zombies come. And then I'll need lots of ammo too which may be hard to come by.

Mel, guns can be turned against you so I don't know how much protection it provides. But it makes me sad to think that someone as nice as you lives in such a bad area! I hope you can move somewhere nicer soon!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:41 pm
If you do get one u need to practice, getting it out fast,shooting it,loading it, and gripping it (as in if somebody charges after you you can take out there leg sweatdrop )
and make sure you tlk to skye (U probly already know tht cuz ur awesome lik tht just thought id say tho xd ) and any other pplz in the house,
thts all i can think of but if you do make sure it doesnt hav a defening sound or a strong kick xp

Graphic Geek
Crew

3,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Melisciose22
Captain

3,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:47 pm
yeshy
I'd say no, but that's merely based on personal opinion. I can't really reason against it, seeing as - yeah, you kind of need to be able to protect yourself, especially if everyone else has firearms. At the same time, it adds to the problem... it's a sad state of affairs that you even need to consider getting one for your own peace of mind icon_sad.gif

If I'm honest, America's gun culture freaks me out a little. It's kind of rampant :S

i feel exactly like this... this is what keeps me from wanting one...and i may just use it on my husband he pisses me off so much....lol
but honestly this is how i truly feel about guns. I adds to the problem and wat if i get robbed and now my gun is in the hands of some criminal.

Fb
im republican..and alot orf reps r gun crazy...i only shoot for sport like skeet..and i hate hunting..i mean just hate it...u dont have to go hunt wat u could get in trader joes...my bro and i were camping with a dad/son that had a gazillion guns...then my bro and his friend saw some ducks on the lake and just shot them..my bro had a shotgun and he shot em like 5 times..it was horrific...i will never do that...

yeah guns are dangerouse recreational or not...but im really not concerned about htis right now.....hunting is stupid any ways too make accidents guns are not toys we forget that and innocent people die because some idiot or child was playing around and hunting accidents happen all the time like the Vice president and the guy turkey hunting and thought his son was a turkey and shot him with a double barrel shot gun.

guns are not toys and shouldn't be used for hunting use arrows for goodness sake, or ninja stars and throwing knives

I'd love a gun but only for when the zombies come. And then I'll need lots of ammo too which may be hard to come by.

druid

Mel, guns can be turned against you so I don't know how much protection it provides. But it makes me sad to think that someone as nice as you lives in such a bad area! I hope you can move somewhere nicer soon!

one main reason too in case of zombies its good to have one....lol...and an invasion of something.....and even in a nicer neighborhood it still isn't safe....things happen out there too like alien abduction........but anyways real talk: all the reasons to get one almost seems to out weigh the reasons why i don't want one.....I do want to be able to protect myself and family but why a gun right? i can take karate kung fu classes...

graphic
If you do get one u need to practice, getting it out fast,shooting it,loading it, and gripping it (as in if somebody charges after you you can take out there leg emotion_sweatdrop )
and make sure you tlk to skye (U probly already know tht cuz ur awesome lik tht just thought id say tho mad d: ) and any other pplz in the house,
thts all i can think of but if you do make sure it doesnt hav a defening sound or a strong kick xp

thank you....reminds me of how dangerous and how much responsiblitity it comes with....if i get one i will certainly warn skye its for saftey not for flashing and its not for courage.

like my dumbA(Bleep) brother pulls his out because i think he's a coward....my bro would be like those idiots u see on movies that the little punk but find courage when he has a gun.....yeah my bro is a loser...a little B sorry for the strong laoguage yall just really upset with someone right now...lol.....

and thanks u guys
although im still in limbo with this
but i will have to make up my mind soon
maybe i just get a license and not the gun  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:36 am
Melisciose22
I do want to be able to protect myself and family but why a gun right? i can take karate kung fu classes...

If that is indeed the route you decide to go with, I suggest Krav Maga smile It's purely defensive, and it's mainly focused on how to neutralise a hostile situation, so there's a lot of emphasis on disarming an attacker...  

yeshyesh

Melisciose22
Captain

3,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:50 am
thanks yeshy i will consider it

i decided the i will take an alternative to a gun perhaps a stunner or something  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:54 am
Sounds good!  

undacuva_druid
Vice Captain

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200

Mystic12
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:52 pm
This is another one of those situations that I think out of the box. I don't think anybody should have a firearm that is a civilian and if they do we should have an Armory that it must be checked in to until a window of time in the year.

I also think Jails should be in another country like ETHIOPIA and they should have to cultivate the country with work.  
\m/[(>.<)]\m/.........♪♫♪♫............Rocking Out!! (Music)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games