Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Great British Accents Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:23 am
You're -both- in Liverpool? I'll keep in touch, when I drop in it'd be bloody handy to have two people who know what the hell to do. I really do have no idea what cities up north are like.

That's why I'm going really, I -thought- I loved my country. But then it struck me, I don't know what the hell it's actually like. Not outside my own little bit anyway.

I look forward to the journeying and discovery, for better or for worse.

3nodding

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:47 pm
XD We're not like some kind of unexplored foriegn land with only natives. We're civilised (barely). You just need to be able to understand the accent. I think Scouse is one of the fastest accents, apparently it's very difficult for non-Scousers to understand if it's a particularly strong accent.  

Glitterdash

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:50 pm
Isa-boo
XD We're not like some kind of unexplored foriegn land with only natives. We're civilised (barely). You just need to be able to understand the accent. I think Scouse is one of the fastest accents, apparently it's very difficult for non-Scousers to understand if it's a particularly strong accent.

Well, I -did- once mistake a group of Northerners for Scandanavians on account of their accent.

ninja

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:21 pm
aww gotta love the bananalamb whee For years I thought it was a dog for some reason... was only recently I looked at it and thought "wait a minute! that's a lamb!" lol.. I think the accent's pretty easy to understand, maybe it's because I'm used to it. I would think Mancs are harder to understand... y'know what else you have to do? Take a trip on the ferry... you'd expect it to be overrated but I never get tired it xp  

xXx White Lily xXx

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:37 am
lol - I think the tone I use on the 'net has got considerably more colloquial since I started this thread.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:16 am
Invi, are you still gonna make that trip sometime?  

xXx White Lily xXx

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:33 am
xXx White Lily xXx
Invi, are you still gonna make that trip sometime?

I did, got to Land's End and back up to Devon when the car's brakes died. Spent the rest of my summer repairing it.

This coming summer will be a bimble about to visit friends, and if anyone here wants to meet of for a chat and a drink on my travels, then I've no problem seing how it fits into my holiday.

Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff