Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Music
What's up with wimpy emo music?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How much does the music people listen to reflect on themselves?
  A LOT. FIND WHAT A PERSON LISTENS TO AND YOU ALREADY KNOW A LOT ABOUT THEM.
  A significant amount, but it's not everything.
  maybe a small amount, but nothing really noticeable
  Nothing. Nothing at all.
  Ummm... I like dem cookies?
View Results

Elmihy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:10 pm
I guess this might get a little ranty, but please try a bit at educated discussion on this thread... I mean, this has a lot of potential to be a total screaming bashing thread, but I'm trying to avoid that.

Okay, now for the meat of the topic:
I sense that there's a new phase coming on, and emo is now "hotter"... the new prep sort of (This is open to debate, of course). "Okay, yeah, the world goes through cycles, but it seems like even more bands are clinging on to their images and are being unnecesarilly emo... of course, there will always be emo and scremo bands out there that some people will relate to, and that's okay, but there's just been a major influx, and because of that, a bunch of crap.

My favorite genres of music are post-grunge, hard rock, and metal (not to mention classical, but that doesn't really matter right now sweatdrop ), and emo lyrics are basically unavoidable because they're trying to target a specific audience and yadda yadda yadda... but it's like, either be hard core or not. I mean, I used to like alternative... but i think its taken a downward dive with all these bands trying to be emo by using their lyrics and dressing a certain way, but not actually doing anything with the music they produce. (Don't know what I'm talking about... well, don't shoot me, but think, Panic of the Disco, Good Charlotte, MCR... I mean, they don't stand up to bands like Disturbed or even much worse bands like Three Days Grace in terms of keeping the music truly hard core...)

I know I've judged people for listening to bands like the ones listed above, I think that they're more likely to be emo poseurs who are trying to look "cool," and I try to avoid that. Because of this, I tend to avoid telling people that I listen to bands like Three Days Grace and.. stuff... bands who still have a long way to go and are still have lots to learn, so they're kind of crappy, but I like the style of music they're developing. Still, if I tell people this, I wonder if they'll judge me too...

Debate for or against me is open, about certain bands, judgements, or whatever... just wanted to see if other people agree with me.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:55 pm
emos suck eggs,that's what  

Danielle344

LoveOfEverythingxoxo

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:37 pm
Emo is so popular now and I don't get why. It's doesn't have clever or touching lyrics. It's mostly just garbage. But it's cool now, so it doesn't matter to anyone. Oldies were actual music. I wish the same style stayed.  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 12:00 am
I listen to metal, hard rock, classic rock and some jazz.
Emo disgusts me frankly, and I too cannot see the reason for the massive influx of the genre.  

Xiatos

Music

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff