Welcome to Gaia! ::

Panic! At The Disco Fan Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for Panic! At The Disco fans to gather and discuss. 

Tags: Panic! At The Disco, Brendon Urie, Music 

Reply Other Music Discussion
Paramore on Twilight Soudtrack!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

takashi_sahoko

2,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:05 pm

So I was looking in my myspace. And I don't know if I should start a new one? Ribbie, you can do whatever. And here's what it said on their myspace...

Here are the links for it.
Paramore Myspace Blog<3
MTVdotCOM
Picturefrombulletin

Paramore

(VIA MYSPACE BLOG)

Paramore on the Twilight soundtrack!

Paramore's new song 'Decode' will be the lead single from the soundtrack to the upcoming movie "Twilight." A video for the song will be shot next month and is scheduled to premiere in early November. Visit MTV.com for the full story.

I chose the title 'Decode' because the song is about the building tension, awkwardness, anger and confusion between Bella and Edward. Bella is the only mind Edward can't read and I feel like that's a big part of the first book and one of the obstacles for them to overcome. It's one added tension that makes the story even better. - Hayley Williams

Also, Paramore are up for two awards at the MTV EMAs and they need your votes! Visit mtvema.com and vote for Paramore to win Best Rock Out and Best New Act.

TWILIGHT SOUNDTRACK
featuring 'Decode'
AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 4TH

MTV

'Twilight' Exclusive: Paramore To Contribute Two New Songs To Film's Soundtrack
One song addresses the 'tension, awkwardness, anger and confusion between Bella and Edward,' singer Hayley Williams says.

By James Montgomery

Paramore's Hayley Williams has made no secret about her love for all things "Twilight," posting photos of herself clutching the book and showing off fan-made T-shirts on the band's official Web site. And "Twilight" stars Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart, Cam Gigandet and Taylor Lautner got to introduce the band (sort of) at this year's VMAs.

Now, she's taking that love to the next level.

Last week, Williams mentioned in a blog post that she and her bandmates were in a Nashville studio working on some tunes that had a "possible shot" at ending up on the "Twilight" soundtrack — and now, MTV News can confirm that the possibility has become a reality.

According to a spokesperson for their label, Paramore will have a pair of brand-new songs — "Decode" and a still-untitled second song — on the film's soundtrack, which hits stores on November 4. Back in July, director Catherine Hardwicke revealed that a song from Muse (author Stephenie Meyer's favorite band) will also be included.

" 'Twilight' is the first series of books I've ever read. I didn't get into the 'Harry Potter' series, even though I love the movies," Williams said in a statement. " 'Twilight' really caught my attention and held it. I'm really excited to see the book adapted to film and excited that our band gets to be a part of the phenomenon."

"Decode" is slated to be the first single from the soundtrack — which will be released on "Gossip Girl" music supervisor Alexandra Patsavas' Chop Shop label, in conjunction with Atlantic Records — and the band will shoot a video for it next month. According to Williams, the song details the inner workings of the love affair between the series' protagonists, Bella and Edward.

"I chose the title 'Decode' because the song is about the building tension, awkwardness, anger and confusion between Bella and Edward," she said. "Bella is the only mind Edward can't read, and I feel like that's a big part of the first book and one of the obstacles for them to overcome. It's one added tension that makes the story even better."

The "Decode" video is scheduled to premiere in early November.

Every Tuesday is "Twilight" Tuesday here at MTV News! Check back here each and every week for the hottest scoop on the film adaptation of Stephenie Meyer's beloved vampire series, and we'll still bring you breaking "Twilight" news throughout the rest of the week. And make sure you check out the MTV Movies Blog for our ongoing "Twilight" discussions each and every day.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:48 am
I know! 4laugh I'm so excited. The movie has a good cast and apparently a good soundtrack too heart I can't wait.  

Polyphonic Twilight

Fragile Panic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:00 am
I was just going to post this.
Awsome movie and awsome soundtrack. heart

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:45 am
That's going to be one amazing soundtrack and it's coming out on election day with Folie a Deux!! wow.  

music is living

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:08 pm
I was just going to post this too! xd heart This movie is making my mouth water.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:05 am
You can listen to "Decode" on their myspace now! Go go go! 4laugh heart  

Polyphonic Twilight

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:56 am
I love it. <3 It has that dark-spooky-feeling to it. Perfect for them to post it just before Halloween. It's definitely a "Paramore song"!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:07 am
Hayley Williams
"Twilight is the first series of books I've ever read. I didn't get into the Harry Potter series even though I love the movies. Twilight really caught my attention and held it. I'm really excited to see the book adapted to film and excited that our band gets to be a part of the phenomenon. I chose the title "Decode" because the song is about the building tension, awkwardness, anger and confusion between Bella and Edward. Bella's is the only mind Edward can't read and I feel like that's a big part of the first book and one of the obstacles for them to overcome. It's one added tension that makes the story even better."

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

Fragile Panic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:43 pm
The song is awsome i love it.  
Other Music Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items