Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
I have A PLAN!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Good Plan?
  HELL YA, you go girl!
  ya, good idea, whatever gets you moving
  Ice Cream is bad for you, protein bars only!
View Results

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:24 pm
My summer job (bike patroller) ended a month ago. My class doesn't start till November. So i've been doing d**k all and feeling restless. Today I decided I wanted to go for a jog. I procrastinated it all day. Finally after supper, I just went and jogged for 40mins! At first I told myself I'd just go around the block. Once I got there, I was feeling good, so I decided to go another few blocks. Then I told myself I'd jog all the way back and finish with a super steep hill. The last 10 mins was hard but I had already set my goal so I pushed myself to meet it. I told myself if I finished, Id have some ice cream xd

So here's my master plan. I try to jog 5 times a week. Each time I complete the 5.5k route I did tonight, I get ice cream, otherwise, NO ICE CREAM!

Do you think it's a good plan? or will the ice cream just be counter productive?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:12 am
sounds good to me, as long as you dont go over board on the ice cream wink  

Iconised Ghost

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:25 pm
The whole 'fattening foods/candy/junk food rewards hard work is a real problem with our society...

Edit: There are lots of RIDICULOUSLY good protein bars out there btw. Melaleuca is a company that makes arg natural products and their protein bars are WONDERFUL. But have dairy in them so I do not eat them. ;_;  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:55 pm
my legs are ssssoooo sore from that jog, now two days later. xd  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

Sell Out Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:51 pm
I think what you are doing, first off, is a wonderful idea.
While reading this, I was thinking to myself, "why not
make this even better for you." and a though occured.

Instead of Ice-Cream, I think you should reward yourself
with a smoothie, or non-dairy frozen yogurt. It will be better
for you and taste just as sweet 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:30 pm
try reading the date next time, I haven't seen crazy cat in forever  

Soi Tsuba

Starlurk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:09 pm
I've seen her around in another guild I'm in. I *think* the last time I saw her picture I thought "homg she looks great!"  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:34 pm
I meant in the guild.  

Soi Tsuba

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:56 am
I'm glad this thread was resurrected, because the holiday season isn't over yet, and a lot of us will be thinking similarly. "I had a workout, so I can have this ice cream. I took a walk, so this piece of pie won't hurt me. I did six loads of laundry and mopped the floor, so it won't kill me if I have an extra helping of stuffing and gravy."

The thing is, it will take you four hours on a treadmill to get rid of the calories from one bowl of Ben & Jerry's or Haagen Dasz, or any other "premium" (that is, high-fat) ice cream or even soy ice cream. Did you run for four hours, or was it more like twenty minutes?

If you want ice cream, make it a treat that you have after a solid week of working out every day. If you really need a daily reward, get some fruit -- sliced nectarine or berries, perhaps -- and sprinkle it with a little Splenda or other no-calorie sweetener, and have that. A daily ice cream will sabotage your wonderful efforts at weight control.  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games