Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Edith Puthie

Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:06 am
The is the Word of The LORD: "Not by Might,
nor by Power, but by my spirit." Says The LORD Almighty.
"What are you, O' Mighty mountain? You will fall to the ground.

We all have mountains we must face at one point. School, work, maybe even trying to get closer to God is a mountain for you. Whatever your mountain is doesn't matter because if you ask God, he will make the mountain level so that we can cross over it. The cool thing is, God doesn't send an army to do it, nor does he make a man strong enough to do it. He does it himself, so that we know he did it, and we can give him the glory.
I know for one, that I expect God to use power, or might to fix my problems. I expect God to speak inside my head. But God does everything through the spirit.
Here's Another Verse John 10:27

My sheep hear my voice. I know them, and they follow me.

Of course we hear God, but do you know where you hear him? I have always expected God to do things in big and powerful ways, and that he would speak to me though my mind when he would talk. God does't do that though, he speaks straight to our hearts. Our Souls.

What I am saying is stop expecting a huge army to come down and help you, or for God do make a man powerful enough to level your mountains. Because God will speak to you and level the mountains through his Spirit. If you think about it, isn't that more amazing then an army, or power?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:15 am
True fact! I love this verse, especially the last bit. "What are you, o might mountain? You will fall to the ground." How amazing is that? If Mt. Fuji or Mt. Saint Helen's just toppled over and became flat by the might of God- the visual and the implication are powerful in and of themselves. I think this is a verse that we should all meditate on in hard times. 3nodding  

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Edith Puthie

Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:24 am
Fushigi na Butterfly
True fact! I love this verse, especially the last bit. "What are you, o might mountain? You will fall to the ground." How amazing is that? If Mt. Fuji or Mt. Saint Helen's just toppled over and became flat by the might of God- the visual and the implication are powerful in and of themselves. I think this is a verse that we should all meditate on in hard times. 3nodding

They are good verses to meditate over. I cant remember the book, but there is the verse in the bible where a profet was waiting in a cave for God to show up. There was an earthquake, and he stayed, there was a fire, and he stayed, there was a tornado, and he stayed. Then there was a whisper and he left to speak to God.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:28 am
Not sure what book it's in either (I wanna say 1 or 2 Kings), but it was Elijah who was in the cave. 3nodding  

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Edith Puthie

Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:38 am
Fushigi na Butterfly
Not sure what book it's in either (I wanna say 1 or 2 Kings), but it was Elijah who was in the cave. 3nodding

Thank you!
There are so many prophets in the Old Testament. I was thinking it was Samuel, Isahiah, or Elijah, I just couldn't remember which one. xP  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:05 pm
4laugh  

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

xxPromarkxx

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:56 pm
I always get Elijah and Elisha mixed up... Who came first?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:59 pm
Elijah. Just remember that "J" comes before "S" in the alphabet. 3nodding  

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

xxPromarkxx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:44 pm
It does? Wow. This explains A LOT.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:19 pm
Sometimes I have this issue where I want the mountain to fall over right now, which is bad because the Lord knows when things should happen and I don't. He's had to remind me to be patient more than once, but when I finally do get it through my head to sit still and wait, he does wonderful things. biggrin  

sunfire09

Edith Puthie

Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:42 am
sunfire09
Sometimes I have this issue where I want the mountain to fall over right now, which is bad because the Lord knows when things should happen and I don't. He's had to remind me to be patient more than once, but when I finally do get it through my head to sit still and wait, he does wonderful things. biggrin

I know what you mean, i want everything to happen right now. God has a plan though we just have to do what he says and wait. We go through mountains, so we can help others go through the same mountains. I know that from experience.  
Bible Discussion {Get in the Word}

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games