Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply Pairing Discussions
A Remy/Siri tid bit Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pearls of Dimond

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:01 pm
Sirius Black-Lupin, I agree with you so completely. I mean, Look at my parents. They burned my fourth book because of the "whichcraft" Imagine what they would of done if they knew it had gay men in it. Besides, it was first a children's book. I don't think that would have gone over well......  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:36 pm
Ohmigawd. *Dances*
If that's true it so totally made my day, along with this great essay I just read. Anyone ever read A Case for R/S? If not, you totally should. ^__^

Also, if it's true, I hate JKR [Also Tonks, but that's not exactly relevant right now. :3] for not putting it in the books. gonk

[First guild post! I was about to post somewhere else, but then I decided I wanted my first to be in a Remus/Sirius topic. XDD]

---
Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your home.

THEOHGODOFHANGOVERS

Diana_Faye

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:23 pm
Pearls of Dimond
Sirius Black-Lupin, I agree with you so completely. I mean, Look at my parents. They burned my fourth book because of the "whichcraft" Imagine what they would of done if they knew it had gay men in it. Besides, it was first a children's book. I don't think that would have gone over well......

Just because it's a "children's book" that does not give reason as to why J.K. didn't put any gay characters in her novels. It's a sad excuse really, because studies show that from a very young age children can tell they're homosexual. And she wouldn't really lose too many readers because over 70% of America is OK with homosexuality, and about 80% in Canada.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:53 pm
Dang it! Why couldn't they be canonical it's the exact same thing as with Haku and Zabuza from Naruto! It's different and a little unorthodox so they kill it dead!  

SplitDemonIdentity

SilverZephyr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:52 am
So....we never got the proof of this interview?
Oh well. Considering how bad some of her canon pairings are, to me, the link with the essay of subtext and why they work well together is more important than whether or not it was supposed to be canon.
('Course, it would totally make my day if it WAS confirmed, but anyway x3).  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:10 pm
You know, I muchly prefer sub-text to blatant storyline..
there's so much more room for fan fiction.
And a certain air of mysteriousness to the characters.

Azrael jt

MinervaEvenstar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:49 pm
Quote:
The way I see it, if you're going to create a project and make it your 'baby' you wouldn't sensor it based on what a few idiots would think...any author that cuts out part of their story because some people might not like it is a sell out. They're no longer in it for the joy of story telling, but for making money off of their tallent with words...It would make me lose respect for her as an author if it's true.

I agree with that. However, I've been looking for said interview online for the past hour now (not an exaggeration) and I cannot find it, thus I suspect that it's untrue.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:56 am
Azrael jt
You know, I muchly prefer sub-text to blatant storyline..
there's so much more room for fan fiction.
And a certain air of mysteriousness to the characters.

Sub-text IS what makes the slasher's worlds go round.  

LilMeady

JettaKD

6,850 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:44 pm
I honestly think I like the whole subtext situation better than I like a canonical confirmation. It would indeed make me squeal in delight, but I've been shipping Remus and Sirius together for years so its not exactly like a I need JK to out them as she did Dumbledore.

Besides once she outed Dumbledore it became impossible in my mind for Sirius and Remus to be canon. After all if she announced one, why not the other?  
Pairing Discussions

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff