Submit

Do you like today's music?
  HELLL NOOOO!!!!
  Yes(Get away!)
  Kind of...
View Results

BlackLaceCocktail

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:06 pm
Has anyone noticed that this generations music SUCKS!!!
There is nothing original now a day.
No one has bothered to try something different.
Bands are now just contolled by their labels.
I rarley know any knew bands that actually write their own lyrics.
Seroiusley, people and it's causing a rise in wannabe's.
Example: The Jonas Brothers, Metro Station, etc....
You have no idea how many
times I have tried not to insult girls at my school
when they go "OMG! The Jonas Brothers are such rock stars!".
...Rock stars you have got to be kidding me!
And good bands have now sold out trying to
be like just named bands, because they are tring
to get people to remeber them and get sales.
Pop rock can go to hell!!!!!!!!
The music industry is seroiusley f***** up!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:30 pm
User Image[>w>
Britney Spears is making a comeback!
User Image
]  

TillxGone
Crew

Dangerous Lover

BlackLaceCocktail

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:32 pm
TillxGone
User Image[>w>
Britney Spears is making a comeback!
User Image
]

^^
True she is
good for her.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:55 pm
User ImageFear the Cloud! Fear the Cloud well...User Image

User Image

-Dances to 'Piece of Me'-
>w>
Go Brittney Spears!

>User Image<

User Image.. Or the Cloud shall cry out a rain storm on your parade!User Image

TillxGone
Crew

Dangerous Lover

Elmihy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:22 pm
Hey, cocktail. Even though I partially agree with you, don't start flaming bands and everything, okay? You're not going to make any progress that way, and if this is a rant thread, please say so so that unprepared gaians aren't blown away by your angry-ness.
xD just a tip. ^^

Anyway, well, yeah, I have been impressed with the suckiness of today's music. Too many bands only live by their label (most prominently, the emo/punk label) and the main problem with this is their labels support disrespect and irresponsibility. Seriously, how many songs about sex and drugs do I want to hear? Also, I would like to listen to something more than hearing some person ranting after a break up or listening to some guy tell us how he cut his wrists and it felt sooooo good... (like, wtf?) too many bands are just trying to get shock value (the same is true for comedians, I hear, now). Music videos (for female singers) are basically just the artist pole-dancing, and the effects are definitely starting to show on our generation. No matter how weird or stupid a song is, if someone hears is enough times, they'll start to get attached to it, especially if its catchy, so the radios get paid to play a song a hundred times, and then everyone starts to like it, and its a snowball effect. Bleck.

Still, I love music, and I listen to a lot of classical music, but that's not a lot of people's "thing" and I like to listen to something more than that, sometimes. Even if today's music is worse in general, there are still a couple of people worth listening too... in my opinion, Green Day's American Idiot album is a work of genius, but that's only if that sort of stuff is your thing, and they still conform to the punk label, and there are a couple of bands out there that just need to learn a bit and gain a bit of experience before they become amazin'. For now, I'll just sit here and hope.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:44 pm
I don't mean
to rant. It's just
that it makes me so
angrey to see this.

I agree. People
nowadays just stick
to there label's
streotype. I
rarely found any
person now that has a
label and has been
brave enought to step out
of the streotype.

You are so
right about songs
on the radio.
If it's catchy then
people just get attached
to it. They don't even
bother to try and actually
pay attention.
Ex: The
song 'Party like a Rock Star'
was mostly a repatition
of the same phrase over
and over again.

BlackLaceCocktail

Elmihy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:19 pm
Okay, I see now. ^^

Yeah, party like a rockstar is such a classic example... and people don't even realize what's being pounded into their heads (yes, the messages do affect people who listen to it). For example, there were these underclassmen in the cafeteria singing fall out boy songs (I'm always wary of alternative music... at first I was like "FALL OUT BOY HATE!!!" scream and I still lol at their loser-ness (since when is pete wentz hot?), but compared to other bands (MCR, panic at the disco), they're okay. Some alternative bands are amazing though... I like it when they're alternative in a hard rock sense, y'know? Wait... what was I talking about? Oh, right... okay...) back to the girls singing fall out boy. They're singing "thnks fr th mmrs" at the top of their lungs so I go up to one of my friends and say. "Hey, I bet I can make that girl yell an oral sex reference." He takes me up on it so I go up to the girl and say, "Hey, can you sing the refrain?" "Sure!' she says happily and starts belting out, "HE, HE, TASTES LIKE YOU ONLY SWEEEEETER!!!"
Easy five bucks.
And why are boys writing those lyrics, anyway?
The only problem is, though, with older music, is that I'm not necesarrily into the genres the beatles, elvis and queen represent. Sure, I can respect them, but they're really not my style. I actually like hard rock and alternative metal... and sometimes a bit of post grunge (basically, hurd-kur emo) but I usually don't mention that I like listening to emo music because I don't want people to think that I'm some sort of angsty kid who loooves pete wentz because I TOTALLY get his lyrics... (why are junior high virgins feel so in tune with pete wentz, then, if all his lyrics are about sex?) I'm just waiting for some bands to blossom, and then something magical might happen...

Wait, what are your music tastes? Just so I can have a better idea of who I'm talking to and what I can reference....

For me, I listen mainly to:
American Idiot (album) - Green Day (Yeah, with their punk label and everything is like BLECK but good music... who else could get successful with a punk rock opera?!!"
Three Days Grace (band) (I know, stupid emo poseurs, and they're not even that good, they have to work on a lot of stuff, but I like their style and tonalities a lot, just wish their music itself could be better. Good adrenaline music, I suppose...)
Skillet (They have a ways to go, once again though, like their style, and their not as bad as 3dg. THE BEST THING, THOUGH, IS THAT THEY AREN'T OBSESSED WITH BEING COOL. They're a christian rock band (no, I don't usually listen to that stuff), but they target mainstream audiences, so if you're not religious, you can still think that they're singing to their girlfriends or... something... Anyway, because they're christian rock, their songs are usually not too... stupid... and they promote being good and kind rather than being a drug addict...)

I'm on the lookout for better bands of the same genres!!! There's so much crap I have to sift through, though...

Sorry if the post is too long... got carried away sweatdrop and I was telling you not to rant XD

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:00 pm
Well right now I'm listening to:

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Show Your Bones
Genre(s): Garage Punk, Art Rock, Alternative, Indie

The Animals - The Animals Retrospective
Genre(s): 50's&60's Classic Rock

Sandi Thom - Smile It Confuses People
Genre(s): Pop, Folk

ColdPlay - Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends
Genre(s): Alternative

Billy Idol - Greatest Hits
Genre(s): Hard rock, New Wave, Punk

Lol@underclass men singing such lusty lyrics XD

BlackLaceCocktail

Elmihy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:05 pm
haha.
I've heard of some of those bands, but their not my style, so I can't really say much about them. If it comforts you, I can say that none of those bands set off a OMG STOOOPID alarm in my head... except for I think coldplay is a rip off of U2 (XD).  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:19 pm
.....It just depends on what you like I guess. Some songs, the lyrics are stupid but the whole song is catchy, so I'll listen to it. Pounding music into your brain is the radios job too.  

FanFantasy

4,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100

LoveOfEverythingxoxo

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:41 pm
I agree. It's just such trash these days. It's not lyrical or clever. Songs that sing "she's such a f****** b****" disgust me especially.  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 11:58 pm
Yeah, it does.

But I'm a metalhead, and for the most part, metal doesn't change. It may evolve, but it doesn't change. I'm not including nu-metal horseshit, like Slipknot into this equation.  

Xiatos

your castles are falling

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:29 pm
There is some music today that's pretty good. I like Kings of Leon.

The indie artists of today are good. Keep in mind that when I say "indie,"

I'm not talking about the indie genere, but bands that few have heard. I

would suggest to anyone the Blakes or Young Lords. I also like under-

ground rap that hs more to say than "I slap my hoez," but so many people

seem to have a thoughtless vendetta for rap, so I won't even try to per-

suade otherwise.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:20 pm
Sammy says ...

User ImageUser Image
most of the top hits have computer generated sounds, so i think it's annoying

crystalsammy

5,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Encarton
Crew

Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:27 pm
I agree, most music found today just isn't very good.  
Music

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games