View Results

Metal Malicious

4,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:34 am
supersane101
For books I highly recommend both the Twilight and Eragon series as well as Arabian Nights, all of the books are fantasy (Twilight counts!) and I am sure you all already know what they are about so I am just telling you guys that they are must reads!!!

NO NO NO NO NO NO...that twilight crap is ruining the awesomeness of the vampires by making them all pretty boy romanticy bullcrap  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:39 pm
If you want awsome Vampires,check out 'The secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel' series,its got Scathach,the Irish warrior Vampire,who's a girl and is vegetarian,WOOO! blaugh

Ps.I keep on advertising 'The secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel' series,read it so you can put my mind at rest,and I can get some money from Michael Scott (The author of 'The secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel' series 3nodding ).  

Fairy Alchemist 96

Fairy Alchemist 96

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:45 am
George

I have finished 'The Dark is Rising' sequence,and,I'm afraid to say,I cried at the end. crying
I'm sorry,it was just so BRILLIANT,and it was just such a blunt ending,them *SPOILER.....I THINK!*forgetting everything and never getting to see Merriman again....*SPOILER.....I THINK!*
So so sad. emo crying cry sad  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:08 pm
Some good recommendations here! I was thinking of trying the Dark is Rising myself, but, the blurb kinda threw me off. Maybe I'll eventually get back to it? I sure hope so.

I personally would like to recommend an old book series - The Chronicles of Prydain by Lloyd Alexander. They are heavily inspired by old Welsh stories and myths and on one hand it's a generic sort of fantasy romp, but, in truth it's a lot more exciting and fun for me.

For anime, I also recommend Onegai My Melody and *points to signature* Fushigiboshi no Futago Hime both of which are very funny if not slightly girly and childish.  

Primrose Moon
Captain

GeorgeStow
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:46 am
The books that I've read that make my cry the most at the end are probably 'Nothing'(a children's book by someone) and 'One Red Paperclip'(by Kyle Mcdonald, I think).
Seriously, has anybody read 'One Red Paperclip'?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:36 am
It rings a bell,but the bell has just broken,so I don't think so.

What about 'Faerie Wars' by Herbie Brennan?The series is brilliant,but sadly,I didn't cry at the end.That means I wasn't really in to it,but could also mean that it doesn't have an ending in which you cry at.
I cry at the ending of nearly every series,and sometimes movies....But only romantic comedies....Like I did just an hour ago watching 'Two Weeks Notice',starring Hugh Grant and Sandra Bullock.....
I Always,and I mean ALWAYS,start bursting out laughing when people cry in a movie,I swear.I don't know what's wrong with me,I just can't stop laughing when people cry in movies,or when it's deadly silent and awkward anywhere.  

Fairy Alchemist 96

Wolfheart Brando

Dedicated Treasure-Seeker

11,225 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:48 am
bleach series are very awsome nowadays  
Chatterbox [Chat away, folks!]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items