Reply Life Issues & Fashion
gothic night club

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

westie330

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:56 pm
hey guys .... im having ALOT of trouble deciding what i want to major in ... but ive gotten really interested in the idea of owning my own gothic night club!!! in like new york!! i know its gonna take alot of work and everything but my heart is really set on it... i just wanted some peoples advie, ideas and thoughts on it!!! thanks every one  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:20 pm
That'd be awesome. You'd have to work on either getting the money to buy the property, financing it, or renting it, plus the cost of everything you'd put inside, and you'd have to pay employees, so you'd definately wanna have a lot of money set aside for it, but I say if that's what you want, go for it, and don't let anyone stop you.  

Raven Winter

Timid Combatant

13,690 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

trampyre

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:18 pm
In terms of a long term plan, I would say major in something fun, that you're really passionate about (say, art, history, music, psychology, whatever), because chances are you'll get the highest grades in a subject you really enjoy. Take a minor in business (or just take a few courses in it after college - in practical things like entrepreneurship, accounting, management, etc). Don't waste too much money on your education. You can get a lot of jobs these days without a degree or with practically any degree if you are smart.

First of all, though I would get your bartending. It's an incredibly useful thing to have. Work at a club first of all and see if it really is for you. (Plus it will help give you cash on the side). Try to get your bartending and do a bit of that. Hang out at your local goth clubs and see what the social dynamic is like. Find out what kind of music genre(s) you want to stick to, learn about your local DJ's and research what gets people out to a club. Theme nights are good, dress up nights, movie nights (If there's a screen somewhere in the club). It's different everywhere you go depending on the people. It sounds like it could be a lot of fun, but it's also a business and will require a lot of work. I wish you success. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:05 am
Trampyre hit it square on the nailhead. a minor in business will help you stay in the game long after fly by night clubs fade into obscurity.

pick a major you'll be happy with, but I would advise a couple of elective courses in interior design, stagecraft, and maybe a CAD/CAM course to help you design the plans for your club....just a thought....

as far as your club goes, research your location. Is there a fairly large population of goth living in the area? Is there any competition in the relative area you plan to build in? Is the area in a relatively safe neighborhood ( "relatively safe" is very subjective to the area in which you reside)? Is the tax base in the area low? How difficult is it to obtain a liquor liscense? ect..ect..

(I know...it seems like a lot of work, but if you devote a small portion of your time doing research while you are in college, then when you take the leap after graduation you will already be prepared when you commit to your dreams.  

Keevan Draco

Life Issues & Fashion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff