Reply Fiction Subforum
New Sol fluff Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Iron Wolf 85

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:51 pm
really? I just thought those up in my head... I have the IG manual and the Tau ones so bI knew bout EMP's.

their plasma grenades are akin to imperal Krak grenades, they just make blue shinyes when they explode.

I'm removing smoke and putting in a flashbang that screws up infantry.
though most units can be given grenades some are not good at throwing them, the Auxilries have a drop chance if struck in the same round, they blow themselves up.

I took the advice on the shields
they can block s4 weapons with them (I think if it's too high I'll drop it to S3)

and I don't have the dark eldar codex, nor have I ever heard of the cities of death codex  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:40 am
Blocking s4? Wowzers, most common infantry weapons of most races can do nothing against such a unit. It might be best to turn this into an invulnerable save instead, 4+ like the Crusaders of the witch hunters range. Because as of now only the Tau have a standard infantry weapon (rifle and carbine) that can bypass such a thing.

How can you not know of Cities of Death?!  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Iron Wolf 85

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:47 am
ahh okay invunrible save +4
what armies have s3 weapons? I know the IG is one.
I've heard of cities of death, never read it, never seen more than the cover.

I orignally wanted to make it so s4 weapons would not work from the front, but it drops s2 from the sides and their backs unarmored.
the invunrible save works.
the grunt models will be part IG, part Tau, part stuff from other lines.

the rest of their armory largely resembles nastyer versions of the IG.
they start in carpacase style armor, but can be upgraded to EXO-armor which puts them near the imperal power armor used by people like the sisters and marines.
New Sol does not use blades or bayonets in meele instead using their "Standard Infantry Defence Weapon" aka a nasty shock baton

other things you can add to units that are not on the IG list
nannotech
squad medics
heavy weapons:
Thunderbolt rifile (sniper rifile using electricity, same as rifiles of other armies)
Plasma thrower (blue colored flamer has decent vehicle damage, got the idea from orks carrying welding torches into battle)
Ripper chainsaw: hand to hand weapon meant to cut up vehicles after combat, can be equipped on engineers and officers of CQC units. Comes standard on terror engineers.
various medals of course.
firebomb grenades, I think the sisters have something like them, I wanted a crude cheap molotov it's stats reflect that.

Hmmmm any others... I'll be back with some adjustments I made and info I'm doing for units  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:36 am
Unit Fluff and plans
troops:
Inquisition file #38522.3 New Sol Trooper, drawn from New Sol itself and all it's colonial republics they protect the republic's trade and when required, secrecy. Well armed and well trained by imperal standards these men prefer stratigy and the cowards often seek cover in combat. While they are no match for the Immortal emperor's Astarties they more than capable and competant than many of our guardsmen of the same age. These hethans cannot afford to shed the same amount of blood we can, and must make every drop count.

Inquisition file #38573.2 Genetic Auxileries: unlike the holy office this small trading republic has taken to "reforming" mutants, making them humanlike again. While their intentions are to be commended, it is well known the flesh is not the only place where corruption hides.

Inquisition file #38493.7 Engineers: unlike the Holy Mechanus these republic engineers do not respect the rituals, and give free regin to invent. Their weapons the "Mass Energy Converter" may be a primitive gauss weapon. They strip vehicles down with the red beam and repair their own with the blue beam.

Elites:
Inquisition file #38519.1 Mont'tau: belived to be caputred or bought members of the Tau empire, they have been brainwashed into serving the republic's cause. They may have been altered with human genetics and have their own subculture. This may be a viable answer the the "Tau Problem" in the eastern rim.

Inquisition file #38538.2 Areo Troopers: when the failed attack by the Thousand sons shook the republic they needed something to counter marines, terminators, and power armor. Areo troopers were the result, equipped in heavy armor, given magnetic rail launchers, and jump packs. they are a dangerious threat to our Astarties. Their bulk does slow them down in hand to hand though their strengh makes up for it. a wise marine dropps his bolter and goes for his knife.

Inquisition file #38672.6 Terror Engineers: the bane of any ordered operations, these inflitrating scum lay large numbers of cruel traps, and are responsible for my recomendation of non-violent confrentation. Better to convert this trading republic than waste vast amounts of blood and treasure needed to bring it to heel, treasure that that could be better spent on our traditional foes.
(the idea of a tank exploding, and engineers charging down from both sides with Ripper chainsaws was too fun to pass up, especally when the victims were either Chaos or the SOB)

what do you guys think?  

Iron Wolf 85

Fiction Subforum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas