Reply Life Issues & Fashion
scaring room mates?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Freedom Fire

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:05 am
I'm moving into the dorm tomorrow (it's my sophomore year) and my mom's afraid certain decorations I bought for the dorm might scare my room mates, especially the one I'm sharing a bedroom with (it's an apartment dorm).

I also have a feeling my clothes, makeup, and possibly my jewelry might scare them too. I don't want them to hate me and treat me like some kind of monster because I made the wrong impression.

Has anyone else had this problem? I want to be myself, and I'm not trying to make everyone love me, but I don't want to be some freak my room mates talk about behind my back and constantly make fun of. I do have to live with them.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:48 am
Unless you look like Dee Sneider in Strangeland, then you'll be fine,lol.

Had a prep as a roommate in college. It was like watching a dark twisted version of the odd couple. He was all "better homes and gardens", while I was like lifestyles of the sick and demented. He always complained about the masks and various eclecctic iconography stashed around my half of the room, while I advised him to add a splash of color to the hospital sanitary chic on his side of the room. I must of rubbed off on him by the end of the semester though, he finally changed his wardrobe a bit and acquired a few interesting bits of stuff for his side of the room after his trip to Europe. He wouldn't talk about it much, but I had a strange feeling he lost himself in Amsterdam...lol.  

Keevan Draco

NokomisSnape

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:52 pm
I say be yourself.

I live with a prep and a geek....we are all very different, but get along great!

I have a skull over my bed and they don't care. ((I live in the living room right now because we can't get a 2 bedroom yet)).

So yeah, as long as you aren't doing anything overly out there, then the both of you will be fine.

And if she does talk about you behind your back, no big deal, it's a temp roommate, not a best friend.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:13 pm
I say, ask if anything you own scares them, or offends them, if it does, just don't put it up, if it doesn't use it. But other then that, just be yourself, if your roommate is anyone worth talking to, they won't be bothered.  

ObsessionIsSuchAnUglyWord

Life Issues & Fashion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff