Is it goth?
  Yup
  No
  It might be, it might not be.
  Poll Whore :B
View Results

Sayga Takaino

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:38 am
So i was reading the new york times and came across an article about Metallica and one of the shows they put on in Romania. The opening song was Creeping Death from Ride The Lightning. The author of the article described the song as "Gothic early Metallica" so i looked it up on youtube and listened to it... i don't really think its goth, i just wanna see what everyone else thinks

heres the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXWq3f01e2U
Heres the article: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/31/arts/music/31ratl.html?_r=1&ref=music&oref=slogin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:50 am
Having now read the article, I suspect the author wasn't using the term "gothic" to refer to the genre of music, but used it as a broader adjective often used to describe certain horror fiction, or general artistic works perceived as "dark". Even if this is the case, I think the use of the term is inappropriate. The song is pretty straightforward, even up-beat, thrash metal. No more or less dark than anything else Metallica has done.  

GilAskan
Crew

Sayga Takaino

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:58 am
GilAskan
The song is pretty straightforward, even up-beat, thrash metal. No more or less dark than anything else Metallica has done.
Before i started listening to goth rock i loved thrash metal and Metallica was my favorite, i agree most of they're songs are up-beat... even the ones that are meant to sad and gloomy.  
Music - Related Topics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games