Welcome to Gaia! ::

Panic! At The Disco Fan Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for Panic! At The Disco fans to gather and discuss. 

Tags: Panic! At The Disco, Brendon Urie, Music 

Reply PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild
"So we must reinvent love"<33

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ReinventLove05

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:25 pm
So, YES.
I nudged and weasled my way into VickyT_089 and PanicChic2005's conversation about "Reinventing Love" and it made me stop to think if everyone really thought of the phrase the same way..

so.
What does "Reinvent Love"
mean to you??  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:53 pm
Hmm, I can't explain what the way I think it is :[.
To me, um.. Like, make love different. I'm not making sense gonk
But hey, I have the "Reinvent Love" shirt rofl

Panda Cheval

music is living

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:27 pm
To me it means something along the lines of panic trying to say that they know that these days some people (mostly guys) are only going out with somebody for sex. To me it's them saying "no, that is not what love is and we have to prove that it still exists."  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:12 pm
<3 I think it means to reinvent the way love is seen now like how a person can "love" another person but not really have that same in love feeling. Probably didn't make sense. go me and my user. you too reinvent05  

jordanlaag

PanicChic2005

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:15 pm
Well, Dustyy.
You already know.
But I'm gonna share with the rest.

To me, Reinvent Love means making it better for everyone.
And making it so that people who deserve love actually receive it.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:29 am
This is what it means to me. surprised

People these days are so selfish. So greedy. There are so many countries, including America, where we have everything we could possibly have, yet we still want more. There are people in different countries and different cultures that works their butts off all day with crops, building their own homes out of clay and poop, hunting their own food...and they are still happy, and they wouldn't ask for more. They cross land...maybe 10 miles everyday...just for a handfull of water. Just for the water. We walk over to the sink, turn on the tap, and can drink away water from the fishies as often as we want. The people in the other countries appreciate the water because they worked for it. They appreciate the food that they battled to get. And they appreciate the rain, the sun, the air, the soil. They love these things and respect them. We don't. We don't have that kind of love for the Earth, natural resources, and our own being.

There are girls and women in other countries, just like us, that have no rights what so ever. They can't vote, they can't eat without permission, there are no doors on their bathrooms, and they are not allowd to show any skin besides their eye lids. These women are being mistreating by men. They don't love them. How could you love someone and treat a woman this way? They just enjoy the power, the sex, and the freedom. There isn't any love, and there should be. Women are just as human as men, are we not?

If you are around the same age as me, and especially if you live in America, the middle East, or Russia...we are growing up in times of war. We wake up, turn on the TV, and we listen to the progress or downfall of our own country. I remember in fourth grade, when 9-11 occured, how much hate there was that day. Hate. Wonder. Worry. People were dying, and there wasn't anything that anybody could do. We have been growing up learning about war. We have learned to disrespect other countries, cultures, and races. Shouldn't we be taught to love each other? To share our resources, and show equality between each other?

We must reinvent love! heart

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

Polyphonic Twilight

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:32 am
I think it's like... nowadays everyone is so self-absorbed. Sure, they care about their family and friends, but mainly, they only care about themselves. They put themselves first. They don't care about strangers, they don't care about how there are people suffering in Africa, because they don't have to deal with it. They have their own little life and that's all they need. But it used to be different... it used to be, if one person in the village had a problem or wasn't doing well, the whole village had a problem. Because everyone relied on each other and needed each other to survive. So they would help each other, they worked as one, they were united. So I think it means we have to find that love again, like love and respect for other people, even if they're strangers. Even if they're a different race, gender, or have different political views... We're all human, and we should love each other just because of that.

But I also have a different meaning for it... something a bit simpler xp Basically that "love" has lost its meaning. A lot of people say they love someone, but don't really mean it. Or people think that flowers and chocolates means love. Or that sex means love. But, at least to me, love is different. It's respect, trust.. it's something amazing. Something that shouldn't be taken for granted... so we must reinvent love, realize what it really means and what it's really worth.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:46 am
Well, I guess I'll share then[:
Over time the phrase has kind of changed meaning to me,
but at the moment I feel like it has a lot to do with the media.
With all those STUPID a**!!! Rap videos that are pretty much a 3 minute degratial wonderland. How men don't respect woman as much as they did before, and how we're just hoes and we should do what we're told. Sorry if I'm rambling but that's a subject that bothers me the most because millions of teenage girls, EVEN toddlers!!! are learning EVERY word to these raps that have nothing but racial slur and degration. Meanwhile Panic is writing these AMAZING lyrics, and tons of girls are throwing them down.

That kind of got off topic but over all
I think that "Reinvent Love" means to brings back the meaning that it has lost. To use the word with passion or true meaning, instead of throwing it around like it's nothing.
<33  

ReinventLove05

PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces