Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Christian Wiccan - help? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tyrannical Princess

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:24 pm
wolfkatt

You misunderstood me - the concept of blending Wicca and Christianity together is what I was talking about - the topic brought up at the beginning of this thread. I know that you can blend witchcraft and Christianity (along with other religions) because the practice of witchcraft is just that - a practice and not a religion.

But the issue at heart is not that there are Wiccans who are wanting to blend Christianity and Wicca, but that there are people who THINK they are Wiccans who want to blend Christianity and Wicca.

That being said, I think you could be both a Christian and a Wiccan, but you can't combine the two religions. That just doesn't make any sense in almost any religious tradition.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:17 pm
Quote:
That being said, I think you could be both a Christian and a Wiccan, but you can't combine the two religions. That just doesn't make any sense in almost any religious tradition.

The question I have is...why would a person want to follow two (or more) separate religions? Especially if they aren't really compatible with each other.  

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

Tyrannical Princess

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:46 pm
too2sweet
Quote:

The question I have is...why would a person want to follow two (or more) separate religions? Especially if they aren't really compatible with each other.

Because social or internal pressures make them think they can have their cake and eat it too. (Be a neo-pagan and go to heaven if the Bible is correct)  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:46 pm
But if the Bible is correct, then wouldn't their neo-pagan ways come back to bite them in the end?  

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

Tyrannical Princess

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:34 pm
too2sweet
But if the Bible is correct, then wouldn't their neo-pagan ways come back to bite them in the end?

Have you read the rest of this thread?

"Not necessarily" is the answer.

No one asked if you could combine Wicca and Conservative Reconstructionist Christianity. They asked if you could combine Wicca and Christianity. The answer is "You can't really combine Wicca and Christianity, but you can be a Wiccan and a Christian depending on what type of Christian you were."  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:55 am
Yes, I had read the rest of the thread. What I got from it was that the only way it would really work, is if you wanted to half-a** both religions - which seems sort of pointless. Either you are of a faith, or you aren't. I can see trying to keep the peace within a family situation, but that is a matter of just going through the motions - not actually practicing/believing. If there are those who have found a way to make it work, more power to them - I just think it is a an odd concept.  

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:47 am
too2sweet
What I got from it was that the only way it would really work, is if you wanted to half-a** both religions - which seems sort of pointless.
I'm disinclined to agree with this assertion- but this is largely because I'm in a habit of disconnecting social projections onto theologies in a manner that resembles reconstructionism.
Quote:

I can see trying to keep the peace within a family situation, but that is a matter of just going through the motions - not actually practicing/believing.
To date, I haven't seen anything that has perfectly eliminated their practice. Granted, there are elements of The Wica I am not privileged to- so there may be something on that end. ~shrugs~  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:52 pm
Quote:
wolfkatt:
I think where the confusion may have come in is mentioning that I am a Witch (not Wiccan either) and my husband a Christian. I was just saying that we have two different perspectives but were trying to see the evolution of the two - Wicca a Christianity - combined.

Quote:
tea: Since you're not of the Wica- where would you find enough source material to even entertain the notion?

I wouldn't "entertain the notion" of combining Christianity and Wicca. But I Know people and friends who are trying and from what I know of Wicca (I have studied up to initiation and then left because I knew it was not the right path for me) and from being raised Catholic & a Christian I do not see how you can blend the two together and adequately honor both religious paths.  

wolfkatt

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:49 am
wolfkatt
But I Know people and friends who are trying and from what I know of Wicca (I have studied up to initiation and then left because I knew it was not the right path for me) and from being raised Catholic & a Christian I do not see how you can blend the two together and adequately honor both religious paths.
But that's just it- we don't know enough about the Wica to know if it can be done on their end and what we do know about the Christian end of things is that it is possible.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff