Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magical Mystery Tour: The Beatles Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Magical Mystery Tour: The Beatles Guild
Beatles VS The Jonas Brothers?! BLASPHEMY!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Beccaecka
Crew

600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:57 pm
This is a cross post from BeatlePics on LiveJournal. It got a helluva lot of comments, so I wanted to see how it would do here. :]

Original post: BeatlePics
~~~

This is major blasphemy, my friends. MAJOR.

The Jonas Brothers compared to the Beatles? You cannot expect a Disney Channel influenced group of little boys who can't write music to be able to even hold a candle to the Beatles. Come 'ead, luvs.

Ok, here's the article I found.

---
Source: http://www.timesoftheinternet.com/1167.html

We knew the Jonas Brothers were hot, but we had no idea that anyone out there regarded them as being on par with The Beatles, but we found one music expert who did just that. Ray Worley, owner of "Throwback Music" in Hatsfield, Maryland thinks the JoBros are superior to the Fab Four on a number of accounts.

"The Jonas Brothers beat the Beatles on 5 out of 6 criteria I use to judge bands"

"You gotta understand," said Worley. "I lived through the Beatles era and saw them perform live many times, so I think I've earned the right to speak on the subject."

Worley is a large man with an engaging smile. He really warms up to the subject of this comparison. In the 1960s, Worley attended over 20 Beatle's concerts, and has kept meticulous records that detail his experiences. More recent in his memory is the 20 Jonas Brothers concerts he's been to. For him, the Jonas Brothers are ahead of the Beatles in a number of important categories.

"First off, there are three Jonas Brothers and there were four Beatles. The Jonas Brothers are outmanned yet they still come out ahead," said Worley. "Keep in mind the Beatles were together 10 years but much of their success hinged on the mystique surrounding them. The Jonas Brothers are making it big in music in much different times."

Worley conceeds that the Jonas Brothers will probably not catch up to Beatles in number of records sold, but he thinks that's more a product of the times than a reflection on the group.

"There is no one alive right now who will come close to selling a billion records, but that's mainly because the record industry has changed. If you had a time machine and could put Nick, Joe, and Kevin back in time they would sell 2 billion records."

Worley says that the Beatles probably had the edge on songwriting skills, but they were way behind in charisma.

"If you have ever been to a JoBros show you would know what I mean," he said. "They electrify the crowd with their performance in an almost supernatural fashion. Now John Lennon and McCartney were good, but they just lacked that connection with their audience."

Worley says very people share his opinion, but that's largely because they're misinformed.

"People argue with me all the time," said Worley. "They say a 68 year old man shouldn't even be going to a Jonas Brother show. I fire right back at them that I will go where I want and that's to see the greatest band ever assembled, the Jonas Brothers. If they persist in giving me a hard time I kindly tell them to keep their opinions to themselves."

END of article
---

Sure, this guy is right about charisma, but what about the performance issues at the time? The Beatles weren't performers, they were musicians. Musicians, people. Brian wanted them to be clean-cut, well mannered, and calm on stage. So what? There was so much crazyness in the audiences at Beatle concerts! They didn't even have to blink to get the audience into mass hysterics. The Jonas Brothers makes girls go into hysterics only because this generation grew up wanting more than clean-cut, well mannered boys. I swear, Disney Channel is taking over the world.

I respect everybody's opinion on this matter. Just, please don't bash mine. I'm really not in the mood. I've had the worst week EVER! *dies*

I love you all. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:26 pm
Well, here's my take on it. The Beatles started out as a band simillar to the Jonas Brothers- poppy music, good looking, all that. But the reason the Beatles are so fantastic is because they evovled out of that to write some of the most deep, amazing songs ever. Like, everything after 'Help!'. So until the Jonas Brothers do that, there's no comparing them as far as I'm concerned.  

Liebe Thelema

[Shiro Petto]

3,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:00 pm
User Image
~Before. Stewie.~

I'm saying to you:
I hated the Jonas Brothers. I hated their guts! I hated them more then Miley Cyrus! When I heard about them being almost as famous as the Beatles I FREAKED OUT!!!! Till my friend made me like the Jonas Brothers. Now I'm a fan! But I'm still p'd that people said that!!!

User Image

~After. Stewie.~

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:43 pm
Where does this Worley guy live?
I'm going to rip his face off and feed it to a Billnyeosaurus.

I have LOTS to say, and my post is going to last for HOURS, but all I'm going to say is that there is NO band, and there NEVER will be a band that can even come close to succedeeng the Beatles. They were and are the greatest band of all time, and I'm not going to hear otherwise by some homosexual old man.
Admit it. Even if you're favourite band isn't the Beatles, they were the greatest band. According to millions of people, they sure were.
The only people who don't like them are those overly religious people and the KKK, and now, the whole world of Beatles fans hates the Jonas Brothers. Wow....that's horrible. I'm going to ******** cry.

Sexy Nick Rhodes

MegaMacEXE

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:44 pm
Quite obviously, the poor soul doesnt know what he is talking about. Obviously, he is a ***** who grooves on non-talent teens which cant carry a tune in a bucket, have everything handed to them in their career, and have to hide behind today's technological music studios and top dollar recording engineers to sound good. The man is right, time back then were different. I am afraid the Jonas fools couldnt manage even one song working with the equipment the beatles mastered and took to different levels. The Beatles invented most musical recording techniques of today. The concerts of the Jonas fools are childs play, which is what THEY are, to the massive record breaking, earth shattering gatherings at the Beatles' shows. Its pretty much incomparable. But The Jonas fools are totally incomparable to The Beatles. For christs sake, what is he talking about "The beatles not having a connection with their audiences like The Jonas Brothers". I am sure the thousands of screaming females and males alike, fainting, stroking out, darting for the stage, bawling, even having heart attacks, due to the Beatles simply walking on stage isnt a strong connection at all. Rubbish. I wasnt there, but living in the beatle maniac family I do, and the many Beatle occurrences in my life that I have visited, done and seen, I can rightly say this Worley fellow wasnt paying too much attention. All in all, if you can pick up and instrument, scream or whine a little, and know the right folk, you can get any record deal, and it is damn sad. The Jonas Brothers are non-talent money whores whos balls havent even dropped yet that have Disney holding their hands as they "sing" songs that they didnt even write. They havent shook the world, they havent changed anything in it. They are a flash in the pan. The Beatles' musical beat of the millions upon millions of hearts in this world, will never, ever cease.

There would be no greater happiness than holding the warm gun that ended Worley's daft existence.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:27 am
Whoa!! Time Out!!

1. No one compares to the Beatles.
2. They can write and play their own music.
3. They aren't that bad of singers but they can't compare to the Beatles and I really hate when people try to do that with bands that shouldn't be compared to them.

Just for laughs to lighten the mood:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4_zj45YxLk  

HistoryWak

SnoopyLovesYou

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:30 pm
my sis (who *ick* does not like the beatles) was saying to my mom and i, "you know, most people are comparing the jonas brothers to the beatles." then my mom and i shot her a dirty look. Then she said, "no, i meant their popularity!" and my mom and i were still freaking out.
you CAN'T COMPARE TO THE BEATLES. it should be illegal (along with remaking their songs, but that's a different story...). The Jonas Brothers were just another one of Disney Channel's brainchildren. They are not worthy of even being in the same sentence as the Beatles. sorry, that's just how i feel...
rolleyes  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:40 pm
SnoopyLovesYou
my sis (who *ick* does not like the beatles) was saying to my mom and i, "you know, most people are comparing the jonas brothers to the beatles." then my mom and i shot her a dirty look. Then she said, "no, i meant their popularity!" and my mom and i were still freaking out.
you CAN'T COMPARE TO THE BEATLES. it should be illegal (along with remaking their songs, but that's a different story...). The Jonas Brothers were just another one of Disney Channel's brainchildren. They are not worthy of even being in the same sentence as the Beatles. sorry, that's just how i feel...
rolleyes

Dont you worry, its how we all feel.  

MegaMacEXE

Julia Dream

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:52 pm
I can't stand the Jonas Brothers. They sound like children - everything, their voices, their sound, everything about them is so childish and Disney and it's ridiculous.

It's like someone saying one of those children's' mini pianos is on the same par as a Grand Piano. Comparing the two - which both have a similar look and still play the right notes - is something people just. Should. Not. Do.

I mean, I've listened to the Anthology recordings where they sort of restored some of John and Paul's recording back when they were fifteen years old, and they still sound more mature than the Jonas Brothers.

Even when the Beatles were playing love-pop music, they were only in their early twenties and they still sounded more mature than the Jonas Brothers.

Okay, you've got a following of ten-year-old girls. You're all hyped up on Kool-Aid and Disney fame.

That doesn't make you the goddamn Beatles.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:27 pm
Julia Dream

It's like someone saying one of those children's' mini pianos is on the same par as a Grand Piano. Comparing the two - which both have a similar look and still play the right notes - is something people just. Should. Not. Do.

Best. Analogy. Ever.
Funnily enough, that's the second time I've said that today.
But this time I really mean it.  

Liebe Thelema

Jayne Somebody

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:52 pm
Johnny Insanity
Where does this Worley guy live?
I'm going to rip his face off and feed it to a Billnyeosaurus.

I have LOTS to say, and my post is going to last for HOURS, but all I'm going to say is that there is NO band, and there NEVER will be a band that can even come close to succedeeng the Beatles. They were and are the greatest band of all time, and I'm not going to hear otherwise by some homosexual old man.
Admit it. Even if you're favourite band isn't the Beatles, they were the greatest band. According to millions of people, they sure were.
The only people who don't like them are those overly religious people and the KKK, and now, the whole world of Beatles fans hates the Jonas Brothers. Wow....that's horrible. I'm going to ******** cry.

AMEN!! i COMPLETELY agree!!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:19 pm
This guy is messed up! 'Connection' with the audience? What is that crap? The Beatles had girls *fainting* for them. The Jonas Brothers are a children's band.  

The Ebony Raven

Jizzy-chan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:47 pm
first off I would compare the jonas brothers to the monkeys before I would compare them to the Beatles.
second the Beatles were from the 60's, and the jonas brothers are from present time, it doesn't make since to me to compare them,seriously(having it be an equal fight) until 30 years from now.
third the Beatles create their own musical style, along with using the musical styles created in that time period. The jonas brothers use a style that I have seen in bands from the 70's.
forth their a kid band. the Beatles were popular mainly with teens and young adults. the jonas brothers are popular mainly with little kids and preteens.

Its really not much of a fight/comparisons. Going back to my second point you really can't compare them until the jonas brothers time has gone.  
Magical Mystery Tour: The Beatles Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games