Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)
[Manga] Togainu no Chi [ZERO] Edit: TnC (game & manga)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Inu?
  Good Doggy!
View Results

ILEFTZOMGTHISSUCKED

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:30 am
User Image
Chibi Belphegor

~
Picture
After being devastated in the third World War (known as The Third Division), Japan was divided in two. Several years after the end of the war, a crime organization called Vischio has taken control of the destroyed city of Toshima (formerly Tokyo, Japan's capital city), where they are holding a battle game known as "Igura". The game's main character, a young man named Akira, is falsely accused of a crime. Once arrested, a mysterious woman appears before him, offering him freedom if he agrees to participate in Igura and defeat Igura's strongest man: the king, or "Il-re". The story follows Akira's life in the harsh, lawless Toshima as he fights both to survive and to unravel the mysteries developing around him.
-wikipedia
Okay so i know this is a video game, but there is also a manga. The manga is being translated by the scanaltions group Dangerous Pleasure (they also have some doujinshi translated, too ^.^) So far I've found it interesting. Anyone have opinions or anything about it?
~

User Image
Ushi shi shi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:51 am
Ooh, pretty picture I don't have--!! *saves!*

The only manga I know of was put on indefinite hiatus when Biblos went bankrupt.. is there another one?  

Skizzors
Crew

ILEFTZOMGTHISSUCKED

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:31 pm
User Image
Chibi Belphegor

~From what i know there are two different manga versions of Togainu no Chi by two different mangakas. One of them is Togainu no Chi [ZERO] which is being published in Magazine Zero and the other is in Comic's Bs Log which is Toginu no Chi [B's Log]
So..I'm sort of confused myself but i think ZERO is the one with the bankrupcy and B's Log is being licensed by Tokyopop.
I'll have to look into it some more.
But back to the topic...so uhm..you have any favorite characters and all that jazz? XD
Edit: I found a site that has all kinds of info on TnC. I can't post the link or anything 'cause the site is 18+ but just search Togainu no Chi and you'll find it ^.^
~

User Image
Ushi shi shi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:59 pm
Licensed by Tokyopop? eek Awesome.. I hope that leads into JAST or somebody grabbing the game.

Favorite character would be Shiki, of course.. XD I like Akira too though. After them, probably Gunzi then Motomi.  

Skizzors
Crew

ILEFTZOMGTHISSUCKED

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:44 pm
User Image
Chibi Belphegor

~I kind of doubt that the game will be translated but if it ever will, that would be the best!
They are all so cool I can't pick a favorite...I change everyday so i like everyone really ><
Have you ever played the game? (oh crap...I lost razz )
~

User Image
Ushi shi shi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:54 pm
Well, Absolute Obedience and Enzai were licensed, so it's not a total shot in the dark to hope, is it? T__T;; It's like the most popular one too..

No, I haven't. x: I'd rather not play if I don't know exactly what's going on.  

Skizzors
Crew

Pomba Gira

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:29 pm
I really want to play the game. There is a doujin artist who does some fantastic books, mainly Shiki/Akira though i can't remember their name at the moment. Shame. Shiki/Akira are yummy.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:29 pm
User Image
Chibi Belphegor

~@Skizzors: Hm well i hope they do then XD And i know what you mean. I read somewhere if you get some program on your computer it'll translate the text or something....but pc games are one reason of me wanting to learn to read japanese biggrin
@Tenrakku: I wanna play too >< I've read some doujin for TnC (thats how i found out about it through doujin actually) Ooh. ShikaAkira ish awesome...lemme know if you ever remember the name of the artist XD
Is it 2009 yet? i wanna buy the manga TT.TT
~

User Image
Ushi shi shi

ILEFTZOMGTHISSUCKED

KING KITTAN YEAHHH

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:34 pm
I loved the game. Though I haven't seen all the endings so I need to play some more! And there is actually two mangas out for it. I think this one (zero) is better. I even have a couple Togainu figures.

Oh and I can't decide who my favorite character is! I think probably Keisuke! And I also like Takeru and Motomi alot.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:01 pm
User Image
Chibi Belphegor

~ Shh dun spoil teh endings XD J/K
Can you read Japanese or something or have you tried the thing that translates it on your PC? (When i get older I'm buying a Japanese PS2 and True Blood razz )
I like both the manga when i made the topic though, i only knew of [zero] XD I really want some figures >.> Lucky
~

User Image
Ushi shi shi

ILEFTZOMGTHISSUCKED

KING KITTAN YEAHHH

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:02 pm
I use a text hooker with a translator.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:35 am
User Image"Seriousness is the refuge of the shallow."
Well, I guess I should post this here... Togainu no Chi is becoming an anime series! Ain't that just fabulous? ;D
- Oscar Wilde.User Image

User_2629207

MooMooJuice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:45 am
( >w< ) <3 <3 <3

Well, I already knew that, but I still get excited every time I think about it. ( >w> )  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:51 pm
User Image"Seriousness is the refuge of the shallow."
The anime will be out in october. Can't wait!
- Oscar Wilde.User Image

User_2629207

[The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games