Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

books
  yay!
View Results

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:46 pm
Has anyone read her books Greywalker and Poltergiest? The story starts with Harper Blaine, a P.I., who is attacked working a case and dies for 2 min. When she wakes up she discovers she can see and enter the spirit world that is the barrier between this world and the next. From there her life gets a bit more interesting.

They are both very good, although Greywalker was slow the first half and Richardson sometimes get a little too technical about how greywalking & magic works.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:39 pm
I was actually looking at that book (Greywalker) a couple times, and almost bought it, but then didn't. Something about the description on the back was a bit off-putting. I don't remember what. <.<

Plus, it was a trade paperback at the time. I don't know if it still is. Either way, I try to only get random, spur-of-the-moment books if they're regular paperbacks and like five dollars cheaper. XD That way, I don't feel quite so annoyed if they don't turn out to be as good as I hoped.  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:22 pm
I bought it on a whim. It was kinda of risky since the bloody thing cost like $15. I think its still only in trade paperback and the new one (Underground) will be too. Its a rip-off. stare  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:30 am
Yuck. Trade paperbacks are a rip-off. I think I'll wait until they come out in paperback to try them. <.<  

NightIntent
Captain

Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces