Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Discworld for Nuri!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:46 pm
We've had discussions about fiction and paganism in the past.

I present for heady conversation- This.

What does it mean to you? Does it ring true? Does it ring false?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:29 pm
There is some tricky language in there that doesn't quite resonate.
Susan confuses "fantasies" with metaphor, and Death confuses lies (and thus a falsehood) with constructs- but all in all, not bad in my philosophical view of theology.  

TeaDidikai

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:39 am
eek There's....there's a Discworld movie??  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:35 am
TheDisreputableDog
There are at least three- two animated, one live action and I think some more are in the works.  

TeaDidikai

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:48 pm
TeaDidikai
TheDisreputableDog
There are at least three- two animated, one live action and I think some more are in the works.

Two live action.
Hogfather and Colour of Magic  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:11 pm
I hear tell they're working on Going Postal for release next year, too. 3nodding  

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

niamhybeag

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:36 am
Going Postal??? Rockin'!

Colour of Magic was shown in 2 parts, the first one being the story from The Colour of Magic, and the second one being The Light Fantastic.

Awesome. Bloody awesome.

Soul Music and Wyrd Sisters were animated a few years ago.

And I've heard rumours that Sam Raimi will be filming The Wee Free Men.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:34 am
Next person to post off topic in the thread gets hit with a trout.  

TeaDidikai

Ainwyn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:30 am
OMG! There's an animated version of the Wyrd Sisters?!?!?! MUST HAVE! I have the book and BBC radio play of it, and absolutely adore it. I haven't gotten the chance to read his other novels... they're on the immediate future of my to-read list (as in, right after I'm done with The Long-Dark Tea Time of the Soul, by Douglas Adams). The clip Tea showed rung very true with me, so I'm downloading veoh so I can watch the movie. Those are definitely movies I will be purchasing in the near future and forcing all my friends to watch smile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:15 pm
I love the books. I couldn't even tell you how many I've read but movies tend to suck if I read the book first.

I agree with it mostly. There are so many things we take as truth but are actually imaginary. Time is one thing I can think of. I go to this store that sells herbs, tools, candles, incense, etc. And there's this guy there who is psychic and he says that his understanding of things is that everything happens at once and that time is not real. He says that we live many lives besides this one but they don't happen one after the other, they happen simultaneously. I've heard stories from people who have had vivid dreams about past lives but if what he says is true then why don't we have dreams about future lives and how can our soul be in so many places at once? I would love to have dreams about my future lives. We need rules in order to have a civilized society but what is civilization? There are groups of people who are living just fine and we go in and tell them that they're doing it wrong and there was actually one place where because the British colonized an area and purposefully caused strife between the people so they would be to busy to revolt, there is a civil war going on for no other reason then someone told them their way of life was wrong. Nothing against the British. I'm rambling now but hopefully I got some kind of point across.

And that is not how i pictured death. He's too animated. I already don't like this film and that's one of the books I haven't read yet.  

Wolfswiner

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff