Submit

Which one is more pwnage?
  the first L
  N/near
  Mello
View Results

Elmihy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
This is not a "OMG I heart DEATHNOTE!" topic (although you have to admit that it's pretty awesome...). I was actually considering putting this in the serious discussion forum.
Anyway, Death Note raised a lot of moral questions in its readers. This is a place to debate them out. Keep this in mind, though: this is an educated discussion, not people shouting out their ideas and flaming people who don't agree, okay? Some of the main questions raised include:
Who was right in the end, Light/Kira or L/N? Is the world's "improvement" justification for Light's actions?
What is the difference between the death penalty issued by the government, and Light's punishment of wrongdoers?
Was Light crazy and delusional, or simply idealistic and motivated?

Of course, there are other topics up to debate. Whatever you feel like is a death-note related controversy, post it here!

Thanks,
ELmihy  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 2:19 pm
I really don't know who was truely right and wrong at the end of Death Note. Of course what I would say to my peers would be: 'L was right. It is wrong to kill people no matter what they've done.'

But really, I'm starting to think Kira was right. Well, when he was only killing criminals of course, not other people who had done nothing wrong. The crime rate did drop and hey, a little fear is good for people. People really got into check and junk.

What is the differance between the goverment killing and a single person killing? Support. So if that one person got more support and didn't have a strong foe (L), people would have probably gone with it. Eventually those who thought it wrong would have given up because they would have no great figure head.

I think Kira was right to try.

Silver_Afro

Anime/Manga

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces