Reply 95: Ultimate Manga
New/Unheard of Manga

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Akia-RP

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:20 am
Maybe you have a manga that just came out that's really good, or maybe you have a manga that nobody's ever heard of, but you think should be read. Well now you have a place to post them!!!

I look foreward to hearing what you post!

(P.S. You can put descriptions up too so people can see what you find intresting about it!)  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:27 am
Chronicles of the Cursed Sword
This is a fantasy/action manga (obviously fantasey if it has a cursed sword) about a boy (Rey Yan) who comes into possesion of a cursed sword and is being manipulated to make the sword powerful enough to free the demon king locked away in the underworld.

(I'll put up a better description up later)  

Akia-RP

Angelicos Flame

O.G. Gaian

6,700 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:29 pm
Magical X Miracle!!!

It's the story of a young girl, Merleawe, that is going to attend to her first day of school of Magic, in a town far away from her home, in Escato. In Veigald, where the king resides, she comes across a man that mistakens her for the master wizard, Sylthfarn, which has mysteriously disappeared. She is brought to the castle secretely and asked to take the place of the Sylthfarm, which is, by the way a boy with the same age as her and looks nearly exactly as her.

Moon Phase

(I'd like to give a description, but I only have the first manga book of it and I can't really describe it well... I'll try my best!)

It's the story of.... (Umm...) Read it and you shall know! Believe me, it's a real manga! It's even an anime! I just can't really... find the words to describe it.. XP sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:10 pm
Dead man wonderland
Its about a boy who encountered the "red man" who killed all his friends as well as class mates. But is framed and taken to this odd jail called "dead man wonderland" where people watch inmates compete in a games to survive.  

Shatter-noise

Shameless Lunatic

Historical

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:36 am
@Moozie: I love DMW. :3

FLAGS
It's fairly new, only 5 chapters out.
It's about a country called Ouka that rules 1/3 of the world and every 8 years representatives from each country are sent to Ouka to fight and whichever country wins becomes the rulers.

Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad
One of my all-time favorite manga.
Yukio, known by his friends as "Koyuki", is a regular 14-year-old Japanese boy who enters junior high school with two childhood acquaintances. One is a pervert, and ironically the other is a highly sought after female student. Koyuki's boring life is changed when he saves an odd-looking dog, named Beck, from some kids. Beck's owner turns out to be an emerging rock musician, Ryusuke Minami, who soon influences Koyuki to start playing the guitar, and even gives one to him. The story focuses on the trials and tribulations of their rock band named BECK, and Koyuki's relationships with the members of the band, in particular Ryusuke and his sister, Maho.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:32 pm
Moozie
Dead man wonderland
Its about a boy who encountered the "red man" who killed all his friends as well as class mates. But is framed and taken to this odd jail called "dead man wonderland" where people watch inmates compete in a games to survive.

....I love you.....lol I was just about to suggest the same thing XD  

bunnyonfire10

Dapper Elocutionist

SUP3R FAMIC0N

3,050 Points
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:26 pm
Fourteen

I Am A Hero

Beelzebub

Desert Punk

just to name a few  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:50 am
Hmm, these are ones that I don't see discussed very often in the regular Manga forum.

+C: Sword and Cornet - it's about the 3rd prince of a country, Belca, discovering the mysterious circumstances surrounding his eldest brother's death, when he overhears two people discussing how they murdered him. After nearly being killed himself, Belca ends up on a journey with a bard named Eco who is determined to write a song about him.

7 Seeds - four strangers wake up in a sinking boat in the middle of a storm on the sea. Luckily, they are able to land on a small island. They don't know how they got there (the last thing they remember was going to sleep the night before). Not only is this island inhabited with strange bugs an animals, the whole world feels off somehow.

Akagmi no Shirayukihime - Shirayukihime (Snow White) has a rare hair colour - it's red. Because of this, the prince of her country wants to make her his concubine. Deciding that she doesn't want that, Shirayukihime escapes to the forest of a nearby country where she meets a boy named Zen. They become friends and Shirayukihime shares with him her goal: She wants to be a good pharmacist.

Arisa - Tsubasa and Arisa are twins who end up separating when their parents get divorced. They keep in touch by writing secret letters to each other, and three years later, they finally decide to see each other again. Tsubasa is known in her school as a strong fighter, and because of this all of her friends are guys. She is proud of and is jealous of Arisa who is popular, smart, and has a boyfriend. Arisa suggests that Tsubasa spends a day in her shoes, literally, and Tsubasa has fun while impersonating her. But there's something Tsubasa doesn't notice on her first visit to Arisa's school - and after Arisa ends up in a coma as a failed attempt to commit suicide, Tsubasa decides to continue to be her to find out the dark secret that Arisa's class is hiding.

Golden Days - Mitsuya is a high school student with an overprotective mother and a hospitalized grandfather. On a visit to his grandfather, he overhears him say that he regrets not saving "him". A sudden earthquake sends Mitsuya back to 1921, the time when his grandfather was his age.

Ibara no Majutsushi (by Fujitsuka Yuki) - this is a one shot. It's set in a town that believes medicine is the work of witchcraft and persecutes anyone who practices it. A guy who had left the town years ago due to this persecution, returns pretending to be a gardener, and plans to change the view of his home community to allow for medicine.

Island (by Komi Naoshi) - this is also a one shot. It's set on an island that is surrounded by a high wall - so high that it can't be climbed at all. The people living in the town say that the wall has been there for hundreds of years, and none of the adults want to venture out of it. But two girls dream of adventures that await them beyond the mysterious wall, and they don't want to give up on trying to get out.

Jewel to Canary - this is another one shot, and it's really just a cute, slice of life story wrapped in a fantasy world. Jewel and his twin sister, Canary, have a fight, and after cooling off a bit, Jewel wonders if they'll ever be friends again.

Noel la neige and Holy Glory - Noel la neige is a one shot and Holy Glory is four chapters long. They are written by the same author (whose name escapes me at the moment), and both involve one of Santa's reincarnations and a humanoid Rudolph. Holy Glory is about a boy discovering his identity as a Santa, while Noel la neige has Santa trying to deliver a present to a boy who wants nothing for Christmas and believes that he is better off dead.

Running on Empty - this is a Korean manhwa. A high school student's suicide is interrupted by a man taking him hostage to escape from the arrest for a murder he didn't commit. They end up on a road trip together while running from the law.

Seven Days - this is a shounen-ai. A high school senior who frequently gets dumped decides to see what kind of reaction he'd get by asking out a high school freshman who has the odd habit of dating the first person who asks him out each week and then promptly dumping them when the week is over.

--

Well, these are the ones that I feel are great manga that are not as well known as other great manga. Enjoy!  

Lynor Eclipse

Melodious Celebrator

Marissa on My Mind

Married Sex Symbol

9,150 Points
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:41 am
♥ ♣ ♦ ♠
User Image

~~*~~

Onani Master Kurosawa
This is the story about a teenage boy named Kurosawa who strays from his classmates and actually pities them. He never goes on social occasions because of his huge secret. Every day after school, he goes into the gir's bathroom and . . . faps in there. One day, he is caught by a girl who always gets bullied and she blackmails him with his secret unless he punishes the girls who bully her. So, he beings to fap on the bullies' belongings and develops a sort of relationship with the girl.User Image

~~*~~

♥ ♣ ♦ ♠

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:54 am
this might be an old manga:

Manekineko Real Estate
This is 'piece of life' theme - it's a story on a life of a real estate worker, who met with a cat while she was on her job.  

neko86

Aged Cat

neko86

Aged Cat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:58 am
another old one:

The Great Detective Kiyoshiro Yumemizu
I read this manga in Nakayoshi (it's like shonen jump, only it's shoujo themed).
It's a story of a triplets, who met with a professor, claimed to be a great detective. Turns out, he is a forgetful person. But he is a different person when he met with a difficult cases.
I have not seen it in any online manga yet.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:36 am
Hotel by Boichi
It is the year 2272 A.D.
A computer continues to live on in order to complete a mission in a world where all life, including Mankind, has gone extinct. This is a record of those 27 million years of its heroic struggle. It basically talks about life after humans destroyed the world through global warming. I was crying when I finished; it was so touching.  

Shy_Meganekko

95: Ultimate Manga

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff